UUBL: Reborn!

If mfp would actually load today, I'd tell you my macros. :) It is SO slow. (I ate a bunch-eg way too much-- eggplant, and I wanna log it, but it is taking FOREVER lately.)

I try to stay around 5% Carbs, 30% Protein and 65% fat, at 1500 calories a day, so... that's about 19ish grams of carbs, 125 grams of fat, and 75 grams of protein.

I also drink like a fish. (to properly keto, you need to love water more than Michael Phelps.)

I have MFP set to 25% Carb, 45% Protein and 30% Fat... Doing 1550 cal a day, so about 97g carbs, 52g fat and 174 g protein... I don't know if that is good or if I should go lower... But I got the keto flu so bad for 3-4 days... I just couldn't do it...

Andy... I ate crap for easter... and ended up sick for most of monday. Like so sick I couldn't go to school- just from the headache and body-aches from eating that much carbohydrate.
(I had 3 pierogies, a couple M&Ms, and 2 chocolate truffles.) Bleh.
Bleh.

'Beetus sucks.

I ate like crap too, but I avoided sugar... Somehow! Anyway, I feel ya!

I've always wanted to participate in this! But because I'm not on the forums much, I don't know if I can keep up with it.

Here's my breakdown:
About 3-4 weeks ago, I almost went up to my highest of all time weight for me of 185 (I weighed in at 181.) I try here and there to lose some weight with diet and exercise but it's difficult with my schedule and being on tours (I eat anything and everything whenever I'm out on tour) and with the holidays and NAMM all right after one another, I blew up... again. This year, I have my tours at the end of the year which gives me a lot of time to lose as much weight as possible. I'm also getting married on February of next year, so I'm trying to get fit for that as well. My goal weight is about 150 lbs. (BMI suggests I should be 120 but... that's crazy) I'm also 5'3" so I'm pretty overweight for my height. I also have been struggling with high blood pressure (runs in the family) since I was in college. I notice that when I cut weight, it is closer to normal levels.

I lost about 6-7 lbs the last 3 weeks by watching what I ate and exercising more. I've cut out most sugars and carbs, but I indulge myself once a week (Saturdays) to keep myself sane. I identified my main problem to be my weakness to sweets. I play tennis about 2-3 times a week and lift flyweights about 2-3 times as well. I joined a tennis team to keep myself motivated. We have a league tournament next week.

I've mainly been following the 4 hour body and been seeing some okay results with it.

I'm very excited for this! I feel that this will be a nudge in the right direction for me to keep going. Let's have fun everyone!

I've always wanted to participate in this! But because I'm not on the forums much, I don't know if I can keep up with it.

Here's my breakdown:
About 3-4 weeks ago, I almost went up to my highest of all time weight for me of 185 (I weighed in at 181.) I try here and there to lose some weight with diet and exercise but it's difficult with my schedule and being on tours (I eat anything and everything whenever I'm out on tour) and with the holidays and NAMM all right after one another, I blew up... again. This year, I have my tours at the end of the year which gives me a lot of time to lose as much weight as possible. I'm also getting married on February of next year, so I'm trying to get fit for that as well. My goal weight is about 150 lbs. (BMI suggests I should be 120 but... that's crazy) I'm also 5'3" so I'm pretty overweight for my height. I also have been struggling with high blood pressure (runs in the family) since I was in college. I notice that when I cut weight, it is closer to normal levels.

I lost about 6-7 lbs the last 3 weeks by watching what I ate and exercising more. I've cut out most sugars and carbs, but I indulge myself once a week (Saturdays) to keep myself sane. I identified my main problem to be my weakness to sweets. I play tennis about 2-3 times a week and lift flyweights about 2-3 times as well. I joined a tennis team to keep myself motivated. We have a league tournament next week.

I've mainly been following the 4 hour body and been seeing some okay results with it.

I'm very excited for this! I feel that this will be a nudge in the right direction for me to keep going. Let's have fun everyone!

Awesome to have you Aldrine!!! We're doin this one a bit different... No time frames, but we're going to keep talking, we'll make mini goals and such, but no 12 week pressure :) You can do it!!!

Here's my breakdown:

I so feel your weakness to sweets- It's my worst thing. Lately I've been calling sugar the gateway food... Bleh.

Really, 9/10ths of all this jazz is just watching intake (which sucks!) so good job on watching what you're eating- I know it's hard when you're away from home (right now I'm doing the full time mom, full time student and full time work thing.. I feel like I'm never home, so I am really limited in my choices too.)

We can do it!

Yep. Watching intake is everything for me. When I have to write it down I really do watch what I eat. Myfitnesspal works very well for me.

Had an Unwich from Jimmy Johns, I LOVE THOSE THINGS!!! Have you ever had one? They are SO GOOD!

I try to carb cycle, but usually end up not eating enough. I am thinking of in general only eating whole food for awhile. It eliminated impulse eating and is hard to eat unhealthy. Nothing processed. Everything from the outside area of the grocery store. But in general I cut my carbs and seem to do well. But then I just came back from Washington DC and though I was not too terrible, I did not like what it did with my weight. But I think a lot was salt intake and it is leveling back out! But it put me a little behind in my before UWC goal :)

I shop the outer perimeter of the store. It hasn't helped me lose much weight, but I have noticed a huge difference in how I feel. The intensity of the chronic pain, that I deal with, has dissipated to an acceptable level. -Which is a HUGE benefit.

I shop the outer perimeter of the store. It hasn't helped me lose much weight, but I have noticed a huge difference in how I feel. The intensity of the chronic pain, that I deal with, has dissipated to an acceptable level. -Which is a HUGE benefit.

That's awesome! Sometimes you won't notice a weight fluctuation... But your clothes might start fitting better :) I hit a plateau a few months ago but kept loosing inches... I counted it as a win!

That's awesome! Sometimes you won't notice a weight fluctuation... But your clothes might start fitting better :) I hit a plateau a few months ago but kept loosing inches... I counted it as a win!

Same here. I call it redistributing. I haven't gained or lost in a little while, but my 'skinny' jeans fit better. My entire shape is very different than it used to be, which is interesting and borderline disconcerting at times.

Well, my sister-in-law was here the past few days and we are at restaurants quite a bit, so now I need to get serious and get my diet back under control. I know I will feel miserable with bad cravings for a few days, but I know it will pass and my cravings will change to healthier foods.

I made these tonight! Split the recipe into 4 servings. SO GOOD! You have to use the Good Grains Flax Chia Blend because it's a 0 net carb blend, and it makes them a completely 0 carb snack! I'm going to experiment with them, make plain crackers, or maybe chips? Oh man I need to get more of this Flax Chia blend!

Top Bottom