UUBL: Reborn!

Here's a question for everyone...

What's your go to meal (breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack) that's healthy?

Breakfast- A couple eggs scrambled with a pat of good butter (sometimes bacon too!) or Cottage Cheese
Lunch-Turkey and cheese lettuce wrap with good mustard
Dinner- Texas style BBQ. No sauce thanks
Dessert- No thanks.I'll have another chunk o' meat. (realistically- I make a really good keto cheesecake cupcake. Complete with crust and strawberry or chocolate topping)
Snack- Weighed out portion of Almonds or Pistachios, String Cheese, or Avocado righto out of the skin with some salt and a spoon.

(I should note, I don't eat every thing like this daily. My MFP records don't lie... I eat all over the place, just with the carbs a tad lower)

Breakfast- Eggs. I have them most every day. My mom is addicted to chickens, so we have a ton of free-range really good eggs for free.
Lunch- Leftovers of whatever meat Levi made yesterday and a sweet potato with minimal butter and salt.
Dinner- I take a little of whatever Levi made for the family. If it is high on carbs, I just have the sauce (like spaghetti), or he usually makes a vegetable soup or something. Then I pair it with fresh fruits or veggies.
Dessert- Frozen berries, then put just 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream in the blender. Defrost berries, but whipped cream on it... BOOM! It isn't much. But curbs the sweet tooth.
Snack- If I am in a super hurry and just need to eat I do a protein shake with almond milk. I also keep dark chocolate Giradelli's chips from Sam's Club around. Sometimes I just have to have chocolate, so I grab like 8 chips and just eat them slow. Mmmmmmm!

I thought it'd be fun to share something inspirational... because we all need inspiration sometimes.

This is the 21 point Project Me Passport. I learned about it in a weight loss support group and I really like it. I find it helps me to think about where I am, where I'm going and what I'm doing.

Project Me Passport

1. I admit I love food and I am addicted to it
  2. My weight bothers me and I know it's not healthy
  3. I am overweight for the most part because I overeat and don't exercise enough
  4. I have blamed many people and many things for my fat but I must admit that I am to blame, I hold the fork
  5. I forgive those who have made fun of me, judge me or put me down because of my weight
  6. I forgive myself and forget about all the times I tried before
  7. Today I will make time for myself, I will eat healthy and I will exercise
  8. I will not ignore, hide from, or avoid food. I will face food and not lean on it
  9. I realize food has no power and will never solve any of my problems-past, present and future
  10. I will be patient with myself and will not become compulsive and obsessed with losing weight and exercising
  11. If I didn't do great yesterday, i will try harder tomorrow
  12. I will take a daily inventory and be truthful with myself
  13. I know now there are no easy ways to do this. I know the only way to achieve my goal is through exercise, eating healthy, and staying motivated
  14. I will use my sense of humor today, for it heals loneliness, depression, insecurity and boredom
  15. This time I am doing this for me
  16. I am a terrific person and I like myself right now, no matter what I weigh
  17. The next time I have a craving for anything I know is fattening or I am tempted not to exercise, I will think about the new me, and I will be strong
  18. I will take a look in the mirror and say, "I am going to have a great day!"
  19. I have a very positive outlook about my life
  20. I am doing it! I am going all the way!
  21. I am worth it!

This is so great. Can you tell I am catching up backwards? But this is my favorite!

I blew my streak over easter. Admittedly I really fouled up... it was painful, and I am NEVER screwing up that bad again ever.

I know I sound preachy... but man... I USED to feel like that every day... What the F was I thinking living like that... I'm really glad I'm making the moves towards better health.

I fall off my health wagon and then keep saying "one more day, one more day" and over Easter when we went to DC I said, "I can still make good choices on vacation." Then I didn't. And am not as far as I would like to be as a result. Forgiving myself and moving on... but the little man in the back of my head wants to kick my butt!

Sorry for the string of catch-up yall! You guys keep me motivated.

I am 7 from my "final" goal... like the goal beyond my goal I always had. I have not been there since high school. And it is not an unhealthy small weight, it is smack in the middle of my "ideal weight". But it is going to take me a bit to get there. I am trying to see what I can do before the UK because I have a dress I want to look fine in. Ha! My sister's birthday was yesterday and they asked if I wanted cake. I had already eaten and had just stopped by. I took maybe a 2 bite size little piece to taste it. It was such hard pressure for me because I knew they were very aware I was not chowing down like I normally would with a Red Velvet Cake in front of me and I did not want to make a big deal out of it because there is something obnoxious about someone close to a final goal "dieting", if you know what I mean. It is like, "Why are you still trying to lose weight, you look fine" and it is hard to be like "because my belly is flabby and if I don't get there and stay there I will never get there and I want something to shoot for", because I will be honest, I have made great strides and I really am pleased with my size all over my body, but I know I can do better. And my belly is where I hold my stress weight. Right in the belly. Anyway, I just simply said I had a dress that just almost fits. I felt like a bit of a heel being that person who only ate a couple veggies and 2 small bites of cake, but I knew I would feel better about it today. Which... I do.

Here's a question for everyone...

Please tell me about the Keto Cheesecake Cupcake!

Here is mine:

Breakfast- Bacon, Egg and Bulletproof Coffee
Lunch- Lettuce Wrap or Salad. w/salami, bologna, tuna, chicken, the possibilities are endless!
Dinner- Still working out good dinner options, I usually modify whatever Becca makes
Dessert- If I want something sweet, Kroger has Cultured Dairy Products called Carbquick that are DELICIOUS and only 4 carbs.
Snack- Pumpkin Seeds, Almonds or Pistachios, String Cheese, Beef Sticks, Pork Rinds

I am loving Keto, staying under 1500 calories and trying to stay under 20 net carbs a day :)

Sorry for the string of catch-up yall! You guys keep me motivated.

I am 7 from my "final" goal... like the goal beyond my goal I always had. I have not been there since high school. And it is not an unhealthy small weight, it is smack in the middle of my "ideal weight". But it is going to take me a bit to get there. I am trying to see what I can do before the UK because I have a dress I want to look fine in. Ha! My sister's birthday was yesterday and they asked if I wanted cake. I had already eaten and had just stopped by. I took maybe a 2 bite size little piece to taste it. It was such hard pressure for me because I knew they were very aware I was not chowing down like I normally would with a Red Velvet Cake in front of me and I did not want to make a big deal out of it because there is something obnoxious about someone close to a final goal "dieting", if you know what I mean. It is like, "Why are you still trying to lose weight, you look fine" and it is hard to be like "because my belly is flabby and if I don't get there and stay there I will never get there and I want something to shoot for", because I will be honest, I have made great strides and I really am pleased with my size all over my body, but I know I can do better. And my belly is where I hold my stress weight. Right in the belly. Anyway, I just simply said I had a dress that just almost fits. I felt like a bit of a heel being that person who only ate a couple veggies and 2 small bites of cake, but I knew I would feel better about it today. Which... I do.

It's not their battle, it's yours... If you feel judged it's because you are winning the battle and they feel like they aren't or haven't even begun the fight. The struggle is constant, just like you've said, they just don't understand it. I would NEVER judge anyone for their choices of what to eat... It's not my battle, but I know what it's like. Someday one of them is going to take up their own battle and they will finally understand why you only had 2 small bites of cake. You are doing great Mim! You are an inspiration to me! I hope you know that!

My go to breakfast on work days is 4-6 ounces of plain keifer. On days I'm home two scrambled eggs with lots of hot sauce and a patty of 97% fat free grass fed ground beef spiced up nicely.
Lunch is usually last nights left over or a wrap. I keep sliced chicken breast, romaine, tomatoes, julienned carrots, shredded cheese and low carb/high protein wraps in the fridge at all times. I don't eat bread anymore ( I fall for a slice of sourdough once in a while) except for Ezekiel.
Dinner is protein and veggies. If I use fat it's always real butter.

Sugars ALWAYS a challenge for me. I try to keep high quality, high cocoa count chocolate in the house. Two squares with a cup of hot tea and I'm happy most nights. On the occasion that we buy ice cream or bake a cake for the kids I make sure I buy some skinny cow no sugar added ice cream sandwiches, that keeps me out of theirs.

My go to breakfast on work days is 4-6 ounces of plain keifer. On days I'm home two scrambled eggs with lots of hot sauce and a patty of 97% fat free grass fed ground beef spiced up nicely.
Lunch is usually last nights left over or a wrap. I keep sliced chicken breast, romaine, tomatoes, julienned carrots, shredded cheese and low carb/high protein wraps in the fridge at all times. I don't eat bread anymore ( I fall for a slice of sourdough once in a while) except for Ezekiel.
Dinner is protein and veggies. If I use fat it's always real butter.

Sugars ALWAYS a challenge for me. I try to keep high quality, high cocoa count chocolate in the house. Two squares with a cup of hot tea and I'm happy most nights. On the occasion that we buy ice cream or bake a cake for the kids I make sure I buy some skinny cow no sugar added ice cream sandwiches, that keeps me out of theirs.

That skinny cow ice cream really isn't bad at all. it makes a nice treat!

That skinny cow ice cream really isn't bad at all. it makes a nice treat!
yep. I like it and it makes me feel like I'm really cheating. 140 cal, 29 grams of carbs but only 3 grams of sugar.

My kids don't like them so they don't steal them either.

So I've been thinking... The format for UU Biggest Loser is something that works in the short term, but I want something long term... So I was thinking, what it we re-format it, short challenges from time to time, but mainly have somewhere we can talk about nutrition, workouts that we like, things we don't, you know, your normal getting to a better you discussion thread! We can have contests, but not a big one like we used to. Thoughts?

You are way ahead of me...

I haven't been on here in awhile and after talking with our nanny last night (who has made a total health transformation) I went to bed wanting to start UUBL again...

So I came back to the UU forums to get the healthy lifestyle started.
What am I doing?
Cutting out sugar. Unless it is natural (veggie/fruit based, or from carbs).
No fast food or processed food (living conditions make this the easiest).
Walking and completing total body exercises.

Goals:
1. Kick Type2
2. Get to 180lbs

You are way ahead of me...

I haven't been on here in awhile and after talking with our nanny last night (who has made a total health transformation) I went to bed wanting to start UUBL again...

So I came back to the UU forums to get the healthy lifestyle started.
What am I doing?
Cutting out sugar. Unless it is natural (veggie/fruit based, or from carbs).
No fast food or processed food (living conditions make this the easiest).
Walking and completing total body exercises.

Goals:
1. Kick Type2
2. Get to 180lbs

Awesome! Glad to have you aboard! Seriously, you can do it! ;)

I'm doing better than I was. So is Hubs.

Andy, you had mentioned unwiches. Is there any particular type of lettuce that works best for these? What all do you out on them?

I'm doing better than I was. So is Hubs.

Andy, you had mentioned unwiches. Is there any particular type of lettuce that works best for these? What all do you out on them?

At home I use Romaine Hearts as they are kind of sub like... I put everything on them! Cold Meats, Tuna Salad (I need a different wrapper for this...) Peanut butter. You name it! I need to try iceberg and butter lettuces to see how they perform... I'll report back on that! In my opinion lettuce wraps are AMAZING compared to their buned counterparts! You get all of the flavors of the filling without the bland carb and calorie filled bread! (Even if I go off of low carb I am going to do lettuce wraps when an option from now on...)

Top Bottom