FS: Bonanza Flatlander Concert Uke - UK / EU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirate Jim

Reaction score
I'm embarking on a ruthless clear out - if it's not played weekly then it's not sticking around.

Here we have a HPL Bonanza Flatlander concert scale uke (Bonanza #93, built September 2016). If you're not familiar with Bonanza, there's a lot of threads about them on the boards and Baz did a review of one as well. Here's my NUD post from 2016 when I got it:

https://forum.ukuleleunderground.co...-Flatlander-concert-ukulele&highlight=bonanza

This one is all HPL (kitchen worktop!) and is a very cool pattern. Setup on it is really nice - you can tell that Pete and Shelley are players who build. I'm just not playing concert ukes these days so it's a real shame to have this gathering dust.

Specs:

HPL body
Corian nut / saddle
Rosewood fretboard
Martin flouro strings
Strap buttons
Free standing!

It is in almost brand new condition because, well, that HPL is nigh on indestructible. I've just spotted some marks on the top of the headstock that I'll try to remember to photograph later. Only "defect" is that the top is dishing (see photo). It's due to the thinness of the HPL and is totally stable. There's plenty of saddle there if you wanted to adjust the action but it is perfect for me. Currently strung lefty but it has side markers on the neck for both lefties and righties (why don't more makers do this - so simple, so useful!). Cost around £190 new.

£120 collect (Gloucester or Swindon)
£130 delivered UK
160 EUR delivered EU (delivery costs more to the continent, sorry)

P1030368.jpg
P1030367.jpg
P1030360.jpg
P1030366.jpg

Top dishing:
P1030378.jpg

This will head to eBay folks, so save me the hassle and save me the fees! Throw an offer my way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom