Season 501 - Forever In Blue Jeans

bobjking

Reaction score
Hey, everybody!

Let's face it, Season 501 was only ever going to about one thing...
That's right. This week we will be celebrating arguably the greatest item of clothing ever invented - the humble denim jean.
I'm looking for any song that is about jeans, mentions jeans in the title or even just a single mention somewhere in the lyrics.
To keep the theme as wide (flared?) as possible, you can also go with any song that mentions any part of a pair or any word you can associate with them.
So...denim, cotton, pockets, buttons, rivets etc...straight leg, boot cut, skinny, flared, whatever...other jeans brands are also all fair game (Lee, Wrangler, Pepe, Diesel etc... Again, either in the title or in the lyrics is absolutely fine!
I'll also happily accept songs by any singer or band that fits with any of the above and any song by anyone (writer or singer or band member) named Levi, Strauss (for the classically minded), Lee, Jean (english or french version both accepted) and even Gene! What the hell!
Failing that, any song that has ever been used on a Levi's jeans advert is also welcome!
There's a list here to help choose...

Originals are, of course, very welcome (positively encouraged, in fact!) as are collaborations and multi tracking with whatever instrument takes your fancy.
As long as the ukulele is prominently displayed! Usual terms and conditions apply to start and finish and no song limit so bring as many as you like!
I'll add the playlist as soon as someone pulls their trousers on and kicks us off...

PLAYLIST

Prize - A good accessory really sets of a nice pair of jeans, I reckon...so the lucky winner will receive a rather fetching solid brass belt buckle featuring a very handsome horse from my own belt buckle collection.

I think that's covered everything...any glaring omissions or questions, let me know! Have fun!

Don't forget there's still loads of time left to chuck a couple of songs in for Joko's landmark Season 500!

Cheers,

Bobby x

Last edited:
Now THAT is clever, Bob! I very rarely wear anything other than jeans ... just hope I can find some songs about them. (Do we get extra Brownie points for wearing this particular item of clothing in our videos?)

i often watch this guy (on youtube) who bought the entire ghost town of cerro gordo in california
it was once the highest producing silver mine(s) in the state but is now abandoned and he is trying to bring it back to life
he goes down into the mines hoping to find a pair of intact levis - he has found some remains - but as of my last visit is yet to find a complete pair which would be worth a fortune apparently
there might be a song there somewhere......

Last edited:
I hope I have time time to contribute but on Sundays I'm usually ironing my jeans.
haven't picked up an iron in years - buy stuff that doesn't require ironing or wear them wrinkly - it goes with the face

here are my lyrics so far for blue treasure

there were thousands at one time
seeking income from these mines
but spanish for fat hill
cerro gordo lives on still

i bought the whole dang town
ain't no one else around
in the abandoned mines
treasure i hope to find

i'll sell you cerro gordo merch
hoodies caps and shirts
there's youtube income too
but what i'm searching for is blue

so in holes dark and deep
illusive treasure there i seek
not gold or silver seams
but a pair of levi jeans

you do have to wonder why someone would discard their jeans down in the mine.....

seems we're going early
it's already on the playlist so i'll edit and add my vid here
i'm wearing my triple denim

Last edited:
I am surprised to see how many songs have blue jeans in them when I google it. This is going to get good!

It took me a while to remember that Levis 501 is the name of the common Levis model, I must be forgetting my fashion education. Clever idea!

i often watch this guy (on youtube) who bought the entire ghost town of cerro gordo in california
it was once the highest producing silver mine(s) in the state but is now abandoned and he is trying to bring it back to life
he goes down into the mines hoping to find a pair of intact levis - he has found some remains - but as of my last visit is yet to find a complete pair which would be worth a fortune apparently
there might be a song there somewhere......
That's such a cool story! Mining for abandoned jeans!

I can't imagine there were many miners taking their pants off and then leaving them in the mines but I wish the guy good luck. 😄

Ahhhhh Yes the great Jean Alexander aka 'Hilda Ogden' ........not dissimilar vocally to George Formby.

This popped into my head tonight and well…that means it needs to get played.
Jimmy Clanton 1962 Venus in Blue Jeans
Darn it. Am I early? I think I am…also not wearing any pants. Sorry if I have blown the time here, little rusty from my time away.

HAHAHA! Damn...A missed opportunity. You would have nailed Jocky Wilson Said...
When Dexy’s Midnight Runners performed ‘Jackie Wilson Said‘ in the Top Of The Pops studio back in 1982, one of the underlings on the show’s production team was told to find a pic of Jackie Wilson to put on the big screen behind the group as they performed. Now, either they misheard the instruction or were in the mood for a bit of mischief (my preferred option)… this was the hilarious result:

*For those not overly acquainted with the heady world of 1980s professional darts, Jocky Wilson was a little, fat Scottish darts player with the kind of face only a mother could love - and it’s his picture on the screen behind the band! 😆😆😆

haven't picked up an iron in years - buy stuff that doesn't require ironing or wear them wrinkly - it goes with the face

here are my lyrics so far for blue treasure

there were thousands at one time
seeking income from these mines
but spanish for fat hill
cerro gordo lives on still

i bought the whole dang town
ain't no one else around
in the abandoned mines
treasure i hope to find

i'll sell you cerro gordo merch
hoodies caps and shirts
there's youtube income too
but what i'm searching for is blue

so in holes dark and deep
illusive treasure there i seek
not gold or silver seams
but a pair of levi jeans

you do have to wonder why someone would discard their jeans down in the mine.....

seems we're going early
it's already on the playlist so i'll edit and add my vid here
i'm wearing my triple denim

This is solid gold Pa- love it!

The Cheeky 1970s.

Bob I like what you've done. At first glance - a narrow theme. But then you've done a Paganini with "Variations on a Theme". I've gone for the Lee jeans. With a Lee Hazelwood song. Lee jeans were even a tad cooler than Levi's at one stage of my youth. This song normally has male / female parts. I was considering the octave shift...but couldn't cut it. I sounded like Johnny Cash duetting with Tiny Tim.

i couldn't do the 500 season because my computer was broken but hopefully it's fixed now, so for the 'jeans' season i'll bring this one from Conway Twitty ...

Love your theme, Bob!
I wanted to do this for Season 499 but could not find enough time to get it done. I finished it today. Thought it would sit in my channel with no one watching it. Then i saw the line "buy one monster get one free", so i am boldly sharing it here.
( Also, there is a fella wearing super tight jeans in there, in drawing. I made it that way today just for fun. Thanks for the broad theme)

Top Bottom