She's Rather Be With Me (Turtles)

Sweet! Great to hear some of the Turtles music.

When I was a kid, my parents bought us a cassette player when they were becoming the rage. It came with a little demo tape with 4 songs by the Turtles, which included this song. We played it over and over, driving my parents crazy.

They were happy to quickly buy us a few more tapes to add some variety!

Sweet! Great to hear some of the Turtles music.

When I was a kid, my parents bought us a cassette player when they were becoming the rage. It came with a little demo tape with 4 songs by the Turtles, which included this song. We played it over and over, driving my parents crazy.

They were happy to quickly buy us a few more tapes to add some variety!
Thanks, EDW! Enjoyed the story about the cassette player and driving your parents crazy! I remember sitting by the radio with a cassette recorder and trying to record good songs when they came on and trying not to miss as much of the beginning as possible! :)

Great song choice, John! I haven’t heard this song for a while now. You just granted me a couple minutes of happy time.
Thanks, Joseph! Have a great weekend! :)

Hope you like my rendition of this Turtles song from 1967:

Another great oldie, John! Tasteful background vocals too. You make Memory Lane such a wonderful place to visit. :)

Another great oldie, John! Tasteful background vocals too. You make Memory Lane such a wonderful place to visit. :)
Thanks, Jan! I heard this one on oldies radio recently and immediately added it to my to-do list! :)

The Turtles made some wonderful music, and you did a great job with this one, John. Thank you.

Bill

The Turtles made some wonderful music, and you did a great job with this one, John. Thank you.

Bill
Thanks, Bill! It's just amazing to think about how many good groups there were and how many great songs came out each week in the 60's! :)

Thanks, EDW! Enjoyed the story about the cassette player and driving your parents crazy! I remember sitting by the radio with a cassette recorder and trying to record good songs when they came on and trying not to miss as much of the beginning as possible! :)
Yeah, in an era where you can pretty much find any song or media online within seconds, the kids today have no understanding of that kind of challenge!

Yeah, in an era where you can pretty much find any song or media online within seconds, the kids today have no understanding of that kind of challenge!
The good thing about radio was that we were introduced to songs that we might not have listened to otherwise. Those were the days! :)

Yes, it really expanded your listening. It was also a different experience to buy an album and hear all of the tracks rather than only buying one song.

Yes, it really expanded your listening. It was also a different experience to buy an album and hear all of the tracks rather than only buying one song.
Especially with groups like the Beatles. I liked nearly every song they did! I also liked the size of album jackets in general. Big pictures! CD-size pictures were too small. :)

The consistency and level of quality of the Beatles work was amazing. They really upped the game for everyone else.

Even with lesser artists, It was lots of fun to get the big picture of where the musicians were as artists at a given point. The full album paints a much bigger picture.

Yes, the album art was often a work of art in itself. I also miss reading liner notes and credits. I loved to know the details and everyone who was on a session.

Top Bottom