Rebel Invictus

Teddy

Reaction score
Looks like a new Rebel Tenor model quietly dropped this week. A tenor with a cedar top and tabaek back and sides.

Prototype_invictus_B_T_001_2.jpg

Interesting wood combination that I hadn't heard of before - however it's not new to Rebel. HMS has this video of a previous Rebel NEO (Not Even Original) 2 model with the same tone woods. So again, not the same exact instrument but same company/size/wood. Could be an early look...

Last edited:
I wish people would make more custom concerts or sopranos. All these beautiful tenors, which I don't play enough to justify getting another one! Although I guess my wallet is happy that they're not making concerts...

Looks like a new Rebel Tenor model quietly dropped this week. A tenor with a cedar top and tabaek back and sides.

View attachment 136055

Interesting wood combination that I hadn't heard of before - however it's not new to Rebel. HMS has this video of a previous Rebel NEO (Not Even Original) 2 model with the same tone woods. So again, not the same exact instrument but same company/size/wood. Could be an early look...

Oh man, that is pretty cool. I kinda like the older version with the slotted headstock more. Even though the newer version has a rosette.

I wish people would make more custom concerts or sopranos. All these beautiful tenors, which I don't play enough to justify getting another one! Although I guess my wallet is happy that they're not making concerts...

Yeah, I was just saying this on another thread about concerts being the forgotten middle child between sopranos (the original/standard) and tenors (the professionals/superstars).

Last edited:
Oh man, that is pretty cool. I kinda like the older version with the slotted headstock more. Even though the newer version has a rosette.

Totally agree, I'm a complete sucker for a slotted headstock. Plus these older NEOs don't come up often but when they do they seem to be pretty discounted.

Top Bottom