Seaguar Blue Label samples - got what I wanted, thanks!

The pink is very scuttle and nice. I purchased a small spool of .020 when I accidentally ordered oasis warm instead of brights. Onlly the high g changes in those set. I didn’t like the mix of tensions.

could someone post sizes they use for Seagar Pint and how they like the tension and sound across a full set. Maybe poster can comment on how he likes both the Seagar and Berkley strings when he strung a few ukes up.

interesting about UL strings perhaps being Pink Seagar.

thanks

Maybe poster can comment on how he likes both the Seagar and Berkley strings when he strung a few ukes up.

interesting about UL strings perhaps being Pink Seagar.

thanks
I'll post my impressions once I've had a chance to string up a pair of my ukes and play them for a while. It may be a few weeks. It looks like I'll be comparing Seaguar Blue Lines with Berkley Trilenes.

Please give us your thoughts and / or sound sample of the strings after you've tried them.

Mahalo.

Please give us your thoughts and / or sound sample of the strings after you've tried them.

Mahalo.
fyi - Seaguar strings have been widely discussed in these forums in the past. For example, here is a long thread from 12 years ago:

Here is another thread from 6 years ago with videos and sound samples: https://forum.ukuleleunderground.co...orth-strings-and-seaguar-fishing-line.107429/

All this talk about the pink lines has me curious about those now! 😄

Last edited:
For my Kala Elite Doghair, I use a custom low G set of my choosing:
  • 1st string (A) | Seaguar Pink Label 40LB (.62mm/.022")
  • 2nd string (E) | Seaguar Pink Label 50LB (.66mm/.026")
  • 3rd string (C) | Seaguar Pink Label 80LB (.81mm/.032")
  • 4th string (G) | D'Addario Dynacore .71mm/.028" silver wound string
The result was a sweet tone similar to Worth Browns, but slightly longer sustain, and customized tension to fit my playing style. The thinner C string (.032") really sings compared to the dull extra heavy string (.91mm/.036") my Doghair shipped with. I mainly play finger style with a light touch. If you're a real slammer you might need a heavier set.

Last edited:
I've been contemplating trying out some Seaguar Blue Label fluorocarbon fishing leader/line as ukulele strings and I thought it would be nice to try some out before committing to buying whole spools of line. Is there anyone out there who could send me some line? I'd be willing to pay whatever is a fair price for it. What I'd be looking for is enough string to make two sets for a concert scale which I believe would be about 46"- 48" of each string in 30#, 40#, 50# and 60# tests. I'd even be interested in 80# test if you had it. If you are able to help me out, please send a PM. Thanks for looking!
I have 40 lb Seaguar fluoro premium (Green Label) that I use as a A on my tenors (0.022”), Blue Label 50 lb that I use as my E string (Concert or Tenor 0.026”), Blue Label 60 lb that I use as my C string (Concert or Tenor 0.029”), and 50 lb Seaguar fluoro premium (Green Label) that I use as the High G string on my tenors (0.024”). I also have 100 lb test Seaguar fluoro premium (Green Label) that I use for low G. (.036”). If you want me to cut off a length of each to send you I can do that…. Just let me know.

I have 40 lb Seaguar fluoro premium (Green Label) that I use as a A on my tenors (0.022”), Blue Label 50 lb that I use as my E string (Concert or Tenor 0.026”), Blue Label 60 lb that I use as my C string (Concert or Tenor 0.029”), and 50 lb Seaguar fluoro premium (Green Label) that I use as the High G string on my tenors (0.024”). I also have 100 lb test Seaguar fluoro premium (Green Label) that I use for low G. (.036”). If you want me to cut off a length of each to send you I can do that…. Just let me know.
I've already received the samples I was looking for but thank you very much for offering! I was going to close this thread but the close thread option doesn't seem to be available to me.

Last edited:
I've already received the samples I was looking for but thank you very much for offering! I was going to close this thread but the close thread option doesn't seem to be available to me.
Ok cool. Good luck. I run fishing line on most of my ukes now.

could someone post sizes they use for Seagar Pint and how they like the tension and sound across a full set.
I'm using Seaguar Pink on my aNueNue UC10 concert, though the low G string is the Uke Logic wound string.

- A: 25lb (0.435mm)
- E: 50lb (0.66mm)
- C: 80lb (0.81mm)

The tension and sound is comparable to other fluorocarbons of similar gauge. In particular, I like the Uke Logic soft tension strings, and the Seaguar Pinks sound equally good to me... To have higher tension options, you'd probably want to consider having 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 80 lb available to play around with.

Has anyone tried the heavier strings (e.g. 100lb) for a fluorocarbon low G?

Here's a quick sound sample that I did for someone asking about the UC10, using the above set:

Has anyone tried the heavier strings (e.g. 100lb) for a fluorocarbon low G?
apparently I wrote this on another thread Jan 2019 (might wanna double check against published specs):
“…Outdoor Ukulele Moonshine w/ D'addario carbons on them, including a low-G, which has the same specs (diameter) as Seaguar Blue 100lb & Seaguar Premier 130. Both published diameters are 1.05 mm/0.041 in ”
https://forum.ukuleleunderground.co...ources-or-list-of-options.132331/post-2122934j

Also have some Hi Seas fluoro 100lbs, listed as 0.039". If I ever get around to using this for lowG, slot will likely need widening (easy, just need sand paper & masking over soundboard). Can spare some in exchange for what was paid + 2 stamps (https://www.ebay.com/itm/111181757587 ($1.21/ft, incl shipping & tax).

Other non-wound low Gs for comparison:
  • Fremont Low G Fluorocarbon Black: 0.036”. Used on a soprano: too floppy for me
  • UkeLogic SuperCarbon Low Tension: 0.036” (haven’t used yet)
  • UkeLogic SuperCarbon High Tension: 0.042” (haven’t used yet, slot likely will need widening)
  • Savarez Alliance KF 95A: 0.95mm 0.0374” (haven’t used yet but would be 1st choice to try from my collection, per. Brad Bordessa’s recs. https://forum.ukuleleunderground.co...ources-or-list-of-options.132331/post-2122951
  • PhD (Daniel Ho/Jason Arimoto): made of PVDF, thinner than all fluoro low G’s I’ve touched, only sold as part of full sets. Uncertain of diameter as I have that kind of caliper. I inquired directly to PhD about singles for lowG, no response. I put a lowG PhD set on my Magic Fluke Flea Concert which has a plastic bridge/saddle. In order to accommodate lowG, I had to widen the bridge slot slightly.
#Seaguar #HiSeas #Fluorocarbon #100lb #LowG

Top Bottom