NUD: OMG the Lion is so very very ORANGE!

The Lion has arrived! Import taxes & fees were $80, which was well worth it in my mind.

How do you like yours? I'm still totally enamored of mine! I am very tempted to put a freemon soloist low-g on it, but might do that for one of my other tenor birds instead....

How do you like yours? I'm still totally enamored of mine! I am very tempted to put a freemon soloist low-g on it, but might do that for one of my other tenor birds instead....

Sorry for the delay, I think your post was just before the forums went down for the last few days.

I’m still in the new uke phase and, like you, loving it. It sounds as good, or better, than anything else I have. I was also surprised how much I liked the black water strings. I’m keeping mine high g, but I don’t think you can go wrong with a low g on it. I know the orange won’t be for everyone, but the cedar/koa combo is winner.

Just because someone asked me: the fretboard of the LOUT IS definitely a bit wider at the nut than the moonbird ( A visual comparison with them face to face made this quite evident). Visually comparing neck depth and profiles, the LOUT looks a litte deeper and a bit more "C chaped" than the "D shape" of the moonbird beck profile.

One of these days I will get out the digital calipers for an accurate comparison...and maybe site down and record a session with sound of each of the "birds" in my uke flock for an audio comparison.

Top Bottom