Your favorite ukulele playing youtubers?

I like to browse HMS's Vimeo and listen to Corey's solos.
Daniel Ho is an incredible solo player too.
I wish Corey, Kalei and others released albums of just them playing solo. No fancy accompaniment or pop stuff, just the exact same stuff they do for HMS. I guess maybe they have some exclusivity clause.

Corey Fujimoto and Kalei Gamiao have S-tier technique. Their tone is incredible, and Corey's improv is especially inspiring.

Evan De Silva and Ryo Natoyama are great at composing stuff. If you compare how they cover music versus how other people cover music, their musicality becomes a lot more apparent.

Mika Kane, Brian Tolentino, and Abe Lagrimas, Jr. are some of the most knowledgeable uke players right now. The sheer amount of music theory they know is mind-blowing, and it shows in their reharmonizations and phrasing.

Feng E, Taimane, and Honoka are great performers. You can tell they play with confidence and with emotion, and it can be truly captivating.

And then Jake Shimabukuro's good at everything lol

I listen to Sam Muir, Marco Cirillo, and Wilfried Welti for more classical playing and Kalei Gamao for contemporary playing and Christopher Davis-Shannon for that swing stuff.

Walk Off The Earth

Everyone in the band plays ukulele And numerous other instruments and they have angelic 4 part harmonies, and their videos are super creative, fun and uplifting.

I haven't heard a ton of talk in here about Kris Fuchigami. Probably my favorite uke player online.

He plays primarily with a band behind him or his mom on keyboard, but it is a welcome accompaniment to his amazing skills.

For bluesy/raggy uke playing, I like Del Rey.

A few Seasonistas I like listening to and trying to learn from are Liz Brinker, Christopher Fonda and Pabrizzer (Brian).

I like
Petey Forrest
Sawlon
Choan Gálvez
Thanks! I just ran across this post. I have a lot more to contribute to uke playing and singing. I just lost steam just before Covid began. I'm still playing uke and piano. I'm working on my 5 Hawaiian songs. I plan on going to a local open mic at a new place called "The Red Bird" to get back my second wind. I'm very upbeat these days.

I am a big Daniel Ho fan. He not only can play but knows the theory. Herb Ohta is great. Taimane is great too.. Kimo Hussey is nice and we had group lessons from him in Hawaii and I saw him in Montreal.. Don't forget Lil' Rev.

Petey

Herman Vandecauter, Corey Fugimoto, Ohta-San, Daniel Estrem, Samantha Muir, Wilfried Welti, and Martina Schaffer, the only person I’ve heard play the Bach “Chaconne” on ukulele! And many, many more.

Wow, look at all these names I can find! Thanks. My fav is Kurt Schindler. Amazing finger style, melodic (with bass line added) pop covers, classical, and original compositions. Plus, his camera angle is unique

Wow - I went through the whole list and no mention of Benny Chong - the greatest jazz ukulele player I ever heard. He doesn't have a YouTube channel, but you can search for some clips of him, like this one. But don't bother trying to play like him - I don't know if anyone can!

Try Camsuke the YouTube channel for our own Campbell here on the forum.

He has an outstanding touch with his playing and a wonderful feel for his songs. Both original and covers. Plus, he often has tabs for what he plays.

He doesn't post a lot, but what he does is well worth looking at.
Yes, I came here just because I saw his video on youtube!

Someone that hasn't been mentioned is Ukulelein12wochen or Patrick Randft. His style always amazes me.

Here's someone a little different. Laura Currie is a member of the semi-serious "Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain". She has a bunch of fun ukulele videos on YouTube, including this one singing the famous monologue from the movie "Taken" to the melody of "Hallelujah".

Top Bottom