Re: Cable question

manapualabs

Reaction score
Typically, I set the amplifier for the maximum loudness I want to play. I use this type of external volume control to adjust for a normal level, with the option to open it up for a boost. I mostly use one so I don't have to go to the amp and bend over to reach the volume knob.

The best feature of it is when you change instruments. Turn it down all the way and you can unplug and plug back in without making a loud crackle and buzz.

Last edited:
Typically, I set the amplifier for the maximum loudness I want to play. I use this type of external volume control to adjust for a normal level, with the option to open it up for a boost. I mostly use one so I don't have to go to the amp and bend over to reach the volume knob.

The best feature of it is when you change instruments. Turn it down all the way and you can unplug and plug back in without making a loud crackle and buzz.
Two good tips.
I have a guitar with controls at the sound hole edge, impossible to adjust mid song, your first tip might solve this.
thank you
Vintage

Just noticed that the original post is from 2012, with no responses at that time. Strange that it was with the current posts in this section!!

Last edited:
Aren't there pedals that can control volume?

A DI box would work, but awkward to get to whilst playing.

Yes. However, it is completely passive. It is not a buffer amplifier. It does work well for all my ukes with preamps.

It is an Ernie Ball volume pedal, model #6180. What I don't know is how well it, or the one mentioned in the OP, would work with a passive piezo pickup. I don't have one to test.

<edit> There are cheaper volume pedals out there...

Attachments

• SAM_0368.JPG
    SAM_0368.JPG
    685.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Top Bottom