NUD: custom Brüko style 2 soprano longneck

JazVM

Reaction score
Hi guys,
this is my first NUD post, so please bear with me if I don't get everything right.

The main reason for my post is to tell you how great Brüko and Mr. Pfeiffer are. My girlfriend bought a Brüko No. 6 soprano ukulele this fall. I was so excited about the sound that I called Mr. Pfeiffer to discuss my desired ukulele.

I really wanted a soprano, but with a longneck but with a flat neck profile. Visually, the ukulele should go in the direction of a Martin Style 2, so Mr. Pfeiffer and I agreed on a maple binding. The body and neck should be completely made of mahogany and I really wanted an ebony fingerboard and bridge.

I love the result so much that I wanted to share it with you! I find it outstanding how easy it is to deal with Mr. Pfeiffer. He is very happy to talk on the phone with anyone who is interested in ukuleles and would like to have one made (he just doesn't seem to like answering emails ;) ).

The result you can see below!
The specs in the overview:
Mahogany body and neck
Maple binding
Ebony fingerboard and bridge
Flat neck profile
Pickup

Br-ko.jpg

The ukulele is just beautiful, I can't take my eyes off it.

I would also like to point out, if you order a custom from Brüko: it doesn't cost a penny more than the models on the website. The ukulele (without the pickup) cost me 305,- €. An unbelievable price for handwork, special requests and solid wood.
Go to Mr. Pfeiffer, it will be worth it!!!

Greeting Jan

That is stunning. I've always thought that Brüko ukuleles aren't the best for the eyes but I really like the look of that one. Definite Martin vibes. I had a standard Brüko model 6. Excellent build quality but I thought the tone was a bit too one-dimensional so I sold it. If I'm not mistaken these (relatively) more expensive models have a more complex tone to them. I'd love to hear a sound sample.

I actually didn't even know you could order custom ukes from Brüko. That price is killer. Brüko ukes are very affordable anyway but sub 500€ for a European made custom uke is bonkers. Makes me really want to order one from them, either a custom or one of their models that's readily available. Maybe a pineapple model... hmm... ;)

Exceptional value and quite a sweet looking model! Let us know how it sounds.

Congrats on the new uke. Looks really nice.

I will be leaving for Germany and don't know how long I will have to stay. As I will only take my cheap travel uke along I may also order one if I get too desperate for a nice uke.

I will be leaving for Germany and don't know how long I will have to stay. As I will only take my cheap travel uke along I may also order one if I get too desperate for a nice uke.
I don't know how long you will be staying but should you visit Berlin, take a look at Andreas Davis shop (www.gute-ukulele.de). He carries only the best of the best Ukes and it should easily be worth your time.

Brüko also has a workshop you can visit, as far as I know.

Cheers :)

Hi guys,
this is my first NUD post, so please bear with me if I don't get everything right.

The main reason for my post is to tell you how great Brüko and Mr. Pfeiffer are. My girlfriend bought a Brüko No. 6 soprano ukulele this fall. I was so excited about the sound that I called Mr. Pfeiffer to discuss my desired ukulele.

I really wanted a soprano, but with a longneck but with a flat neck profile. Visually, the ukulele should go in the direction of a Martin Style 2, so Mr. Pfeiffer and I agreed on a maple binding. The body and neck should be completely made of mahogany and I really wanted an ebony fingerboard and bridge.

I love the result so much that I wanted to share it with you! I find it outstanding how easy it is to deal with Mr. Pfeiffer. He is very happy to talk on the phone with anyone who is interested in ukuleles and would like to have one made (he just doesn't seem to like answering emails ;) ).

The result you can see below!
The specs in the overview:
Mahogany body and neck
Maple binding
Ebony fingerboard and bridge
Flat neck profile
Pickup

Br-ko.jpg

The ukulele is just beautiful, I can't take my eyes off it.

I would also like to point out, if you order a custom from Brüko: it doesn't cost a penny more than the models on the website. The ukulele (without the pickup) cost me 305,- €. An unbelievable price for handwork, special requests and solid wood.
Go to Mr. Pfeiffer, it will be worth it!!!

Greeting Jan
Very nice looking uke. I ordered a Walnut Soprano with a cherry fingerboard and maple neck. How long did shipping take? I'm in the US.

Very nice looking uke. I ordered a Walnut Soprano with a cherry fingerboard and maple neck. How long did shipping take? I'm in the US.
I think I can still see the soprano uke you ordered on the website. If so you got yourself a real beauty, really lovely wavy walnut which is actually even nicer looking in real life, or at least mine was. I wanted one with a walnut fretboard. The walnut on mine actually has some flaming on it, really nice in my opinion. The build quality is simply superb, zero issues. The tone is a bit plinky-plonky and not the loudest even for a soprano but there's still some nice depth. Be sure to experiment with strings as the stock strings are fairly horrible.

Unfortunately, I can't really help with the question regarding shipping time. Mine took about a week but I live in Europe so I would expect it to be closer to two weeks to the States.

Congrats on your new baby!

Top Bottom