Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

The 11/27 playlist, courtesy of Charldene:

- Jim Yates: "I Feel Like Hank Williams Tonight", Jerry Jeff Walker, 1989, recorded by Chris Wall
- The song I Feel Like Hank Williams Tonight was written by Chris Wall. I think that Jerry Jeff did cover it, but was not the song-writer. I learned it from a Southern Ontario singer/song-writer named Brock Zeman.

It's sad that due to inaccuracies on the internet, people use the word "by" when talking about someone who sang a song, so readers assume that Frank Sinatra wrote My Way (Paul Anka), Roberta Flack wrote First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Ewan MacColl), The Animals wrote House Of The Rising Sun (P.D.). . .

Fortunately, I've noticed that almost all Seasonistas are really good at giving credit to the composers of songs.

Pa has a better handle on scripture than me. I thought Jezebel's shattered body lay scattered in the street and that even the dogs could not stand to eat of her remains.
The queen's ignoble fate was to be first hurled out of an upper window, her body then trampled by horses, and her remains were then consumed by feral dogs.

Oh balls, wish I'd made it. Would have liked to hear 'Self Defense'.

I'm sick though and have been ignoring voice overuse issues for 2 months now.

Oh balls, wish I'd made it. Would have liked to hear 'Self Defense'.

I'm sick though and have been ignoring voice overuse issues for 2 months now.
Pa did a recording of it on YouTube, so you don't have to miss out....

hey gang-
I've got friends in from out of town and won't be around for today's/tonight's/tomorrow morning's session. I think it's just the second time I'll be absent. This is Kev's week, Ila.

I'm sick but I'm gonna join in anyway. I miss open mike night and it lifts my mood. 1-2 minutes of singing won't kill me.

Can we get details? Opening post still says 27th November.

I'm sick but I'm gonna join in anyway. I miss open mike night and it lifts my mood. 1-2 minutes of singing won't kill me.

Can we get details? Opening post still says 27th November.
It’s Kevin’s week, so look early in the thread for his Zoom details. The meeting # and PW are the same every time he hosts.

I don't feel well please someone just post the Zoom code

Hold on, figuring out exactly how to host a zoom meeting

Hold on, figuring out exactly how to host a zoom meeting
Charldene has volunteered to host using Kevin’s account. I think the trick is anyone can host a meeting, but unless you are paying for a certain tier you are limited to 1 hour. Given the way things have been going the past couple months I’m not sure that will cut it

Charldene has volunteered to host using Kevin’s account. I think the trick is anyone can host a meeting, but unless you are paying for a certain tier you are limited to 1 hour. Given the way things have been going the past couple months I’m not sure that will cut it
Okay! See yall in an hour

Edit: HELP WHERE ARE HIS ZOOM DETAILS

Okay! See yall in an hour

Edit: HELP WHERE ARE HIS ZOOM DETAILS
Hang on - let's see if the Charldene/Kevin plan can work. If not, we will need a different host (I ended my paid-up Zoom account months ago)
Whatever happens, I will try to get the details on to the first post in this thread.

Hang on - let's see if the Charldene/Kevin plan can work. If not, we will need a different host (I ended my paid-up Zoom account months ago)
If necessary I will, but I'll have to start a new one after the hour is up so not ideal

Anybody else with a Zoom account able to host?

Anybody else with a Zoom account able to host?
Edit: Ok I do have a one hour limit, but I'll open a backup meeting so we can go to that one when it's over if you want

Top Bottom