Nooo...my Snail :(

Voran

Reaction score
The S60T is out of stock on most sites and although I can't afford one, this still makes me sad...hope they'll make some more :(. That thing is so beautiful I get an adrenaline rush just looking at it...although I have adrenaline all the time lately because my mentally disabled brother won't stop making high-pitched hissing noises, so...

I really want this uke...it's so beautiful I just about fell over pooped my pants and died when I saw a picture of it.

They will be back. Meanwhile you can save up some more money for it. Btw, I've used Affirm to pay for a couple ukes, and it works out well for me. I can afford the monthly payments and I get the uke I want when it's while it's still in stock.

They will be back. Meanwhile you can save up some more money for it. Btw, I've used Affirm to pay for a couple ukes, and it works out well for me. I can afford the monthly payments and I get the uke I want when it's while it's still in stock.
Do you have to pay it off before you get it, or is it like buying it on credit?

Do you have to pay it off before you get it, or is it like buying it on credit?
No, you get the item, then make set monthly payments. They tack on a percentage of the sale, a set amount which is stated upfront before you complete the transaction. So it's not something that's accruing interest like a charge card. I've bought 3 ukes using Affirm, and each time the retail price of that model uke has jumped up more than what I'm paying Affirm for their loan services. So if I had waited until I had the money saved I would have paid more for the uke. Plus I got to pick out the uke I wanted when it was available. You can use Affirm for other purchases besides instruments, but I discovered it while window shopping on the Ukulele Site, and saw a uke I wanted badly. I put the uke in my "cart", figured what the heck, let me give Affirm a try instead of using a credit card, and it went right through. I have good credit, and I'm really good at budgeting monthly payments, much more so than saving, lol. So it works really well for me. I believe the payments are set up as a 12 month loan, but I always pay more, so I pay things off early. They are easy to pay online too.

First they'd have to have one for me...

Oh well, one has to be available on the net SOMEwhere.

There we are. Think this shall be my 32nd birthday present for April this year.

It's not a good idea to borrow money to buy an ukulele. What if you get tired of it before it's paid off? Or if you're unable to keep making the payments?
Things to borrow money for:
1. a house
2. School
3. car, maybe
But if you have the money to pay cash for those, do it. Paying off loans isn't much fun. I paid off a buy here pay here car once, when I was poor, and the salesman was amazed. About a year later, it died. I think the interest was 33%. I sold it for parts.

It's not a good idea to borrow money to buy an ukulele. What if you get tired of it before it's paid off? Or if you're unable to keep making the payments?
Things to borrow money for:
1. a house
2. School
3. car, maybe
But if you have the money to pay cash for those, do it. Paying off loans isn't much fun. I paid off a buy here pay here car once, when I was poor, and the salesman was amazed. About a year later, it died. I think the interest was 33%. I sold it for parts.

Borrowing money carelessly is dangerous for a person's financial health, including for house and school. Currently, I read so many news about folks being stressed from their mountain of student loans because they can't figure out a way to repay them; and the many folks stressed about underwater morgtages a few years back.

However, if borrowing is done carefully, it isn't too bad. Careful borrowing doesn't require spending conditions for the money; if a uke is what's wanted, then a uke it is.

Okay, I'm going to add here, that I really LIKE that Snail model. Not trying to encourage anyone's (ahem) UAS, but it sounds pretty darn good and I've considered it myself many times since it came out. There are several available from different online resources, I don't see a shortage. But SUS making it a #1 uke of the year has probably boosted sales quite a bit since then.

Last edited:
What is SUS?

I apologize. I was trying to make a chord quality joke about Sus chords being suspended. I failed.
Oops! I can see now that it actually was a pretty good joke,. My bad for not getting it. And then you had to explain it to me - which really must have taken all the fun out of it for you. Sorry about that, ripock. :)

Top Bottom