SOLD: Near Mint 1950s Martin Style 2..

richntacoma

Reaction score
SOLD SOLD SOLDI have only owned this about three months or less. I bought it from the second owner who described the uke very, very well! "It’s in genuine mint condition—no cracks (repaired or otherwise), scratches, scuffs, finish checking, or dings. Top is perfectly flat, and no fret board shrinkage. Original tuners. This is a rare one—by far the cleanest I’ve ever run across. Beautiful, classic Martin sound."

This is an amazing uke. Why am I selling it? It is so mint I don't want to mess with it much, and frankly, I am a hard strummer (which is why I have plastic pick guard on my luthier made, glossy ukes--the wise way to go for me). I have finger picked it for the last month or so that I have had it, and it is perhaps the sweetest sounding uke I have ever hard. I have a older (1920s Weymann), which is super jangly, this one is super sweet sounding. Still, I have the vintage uke that I want. I have played a bit of jazz on it--very nice.

While it is a random and unlikely request, I would also be interested in a trade for a Barron River Soprano. I know, not likely that anyone would have one. I would also consider another high end, luthier made soprano with a radius fretboard. Before you contact me with a trade, please note that I consider equal value to be about 70 percent of the new price of uke--that is usually what things sell for here, so that is what I would consider trade value. Again, radius fretboard only.

Photos can be found here https://photos.app.goo.gl/h82woyr1wdnmgDsS6

$1150, personal check or bank check only (uke sent when cashed), shipped in the COUS only. Sorry, I do not sell via paypal anymore. The hassles of international shipping and such means I have already broken the heart of one awesome potential buyer. Sorry if these "rules" and guidelines are making me seem rigid. The comes with a hardcase, and I will send with a Boveda humidifier. I think it is actually worth more than the asking price given what mediocre style 2 ukes go for.

Feel from to PM or email richfurmanphd@gmail.com

Last edited:
Beautiful instrument, Rich. I wish I could grab it up, but it's not meant to be right now. However, I have a feeling it'll go in a flash!

Beautiful instrument, Rich. I wish I could grab it up, but it's not meant to be right now. However, I have a feeling it'll go in a flash!
Thanks Bill. It really is a sweet uke!!! Let me know if you change your mind--I will be in town for 10 days until I am gone for a month, and then, it goes off the market for a while :)

Wow! That really is minty! You're right down the road from me as I'm up in Redmond. I'll shoot you a note.

Wow! That really is minty! You're right down the road from me as I'm up in Redmond. I'll shoot you a note.
You are super close! I leave the country in about ten days for a month. If it is not sold between now and when I leave, glad to meet and let you play it.

Only a few days of Chanukah left, and I leave toward the end of next week for a month. So, if you are hoping for an amazing Martin to start the new year with, here ya go :)

what a beauty! I'm like you, a heavy strummer. I've sold all the really pretty ukes I've owned and just go for the players. I have a Martin 0 from the 20's that resembles Willie's Trigger. good luck with the sale, a collector will snap that baby up.

what a beauty! I'm like you, a heavy strummer. I've sold all the really pretty ukes I've owned and just go for the players. I have a Martin 0 from the 20's that resembles Willie's Trigger. good luck with the sale, a collector will snap that baby up.
Thanks so much. Part of me things I just just let go, enjoy it, and just play the heck out if it. However, on my custom ukes I have now learned the value of plastic coverings, which cannot be put easily on this kind of surface. Since I have a 1920s Weymann that I am already playing the heck out if, I figure I should offer this beauty up to someone who will preserve it in all its glory.

Preserve it? I would want to play the heck out of it! (just as those guys at Martin intended) :giggle:

All the talk about vintage Martins has to be be leading someone to drool over this baby.

Open to trade for Barron River soprano or perhaps another high end soprano with radisus fretboard--please read above :)

Top Bottom