Fluke end pin? Anyone try this?

Ziret

Reaction score
Has anyone tried putting an end pin about here? It seems like it would work, and if I find a slightly shorter screw, it would just miss the fretboard.

DBD361C2-ED24-4D7B-9C45-AA7D2DCF601B.jpeg

Don't own a Fluke, but I've mounted a lot of strap pins. That location will work, and shouldn't be a problem, unless you actually use the 10-12 fret part of the neck. I would try mounting the pin in the plastic of the body instead, except that you'll need a bolt with fender washer and a nut for it to hold (not a wood screw), and I don't know how good the access would be to the inside of the body. If you do decide to mount the pin to that location on the neck, do remember to measure the depth, and dill a proper pilot hole first!

Well duh. Thanks, I do go up to that part of the neck occasionally, I just hadn’t visualized that scenario. I’ve seen Booli’s solution. I think I’ll carry on with an adaptor that I use instead of tying it At the headstock.

Thanks Bill and besley.

No need to drill, just stick on one of these cable tie anchors, onto the flat spot behind the Fluke's neck heel. Thread a bootlace or wire through it, and tie onto your strap. Good to go! Before I got my MFC velcro strap, I also used one of these near the bottom edge, for the other strap end. I also have one on the bottom edge of my Flea, but MFC builds in a small plastic loop on the back heel, where a strap can be tied on.

20220118_175643.jpg

20220118_175618.jpg

Last edited:
No need to drill, just stick on one of those cable tie anchors, onto the flat spot behind the Fluke's neck heel. Thread through a bootlace or wire, and tie onto your strap. Good to go! Before I got my MFC velcro strap, i also used one of these near the bottom edge, for the other strap end. Happy Flukin'!!

View attachment 139456

I am AMAZED that works, and frankly I wouldn't trust it (that plastic is just too darn slippery). But that's great if it's working for you.

I am AMAZED that works, and frankly I wouldn't trust it (that plastic is just too darn slippery). But that's great if it's working for you.
Works like a charm, 3 months on my Fluke, and 2 years on my Flea. Ahhh, the miracle of modern adhesives!

I once put a button on a uke on the heel of the neck in about the position we are debating. Without addressing whether or not it will block chords high on the neck, the thing I didn't like about such a button is the balance of the uke. If I let go of the uke to grab a little whisky or re-light my pipe, then the uke would roll forward. I realize that may not happen with all ukuleles but it is something to consider since we've opened this thread to consider such things.

What is the grip strip material you used on the bottom? It’s in a star shape. I like that. Very cool and lots,of material to grip against!

I have had great success mounting strap buttons with only wood glue and no screws.

What is the grip strip material you used on the bottom? It’s in a star shape. I like that. Very cool and lots,of material to grip against!
Glad you like it! It’s bathtub anti-slip stickers. The package included aqua stars. There were lots of various sized stars inc, so I plastered them all over it.

Good idea. Nothing to lose.
Well I would suggest that what you have to lose is the headstock of the uke when the glue job fails and the uke goes crashing down on the floor. Hey, I'm a polymer chemist, and I like and respect glue - but I know it's limitations. For a critical application like this, use a nut and bolt.

Funny... I bought a used Fluke, and there are two patches of adhesive residue on the body... Mystery solved!

I don't use straps, personally, but this looks like the right solution to me...

Seems like everybody is over thinking this. The strap button on the heel is not that much of a hindrance for chording up the neck as your fingers come up from the bottom of the neck and the strap blocks the top.

Top Bottom