B.) Buy a uke to fill the case

C.) Other (please elaborate)

;) :)

Circumstances have left you with a nice but empty case. Do you:

A.) Sell the case

B.) Buy a uke to fill the case

C.) Other (please elaborate)

;) :)
I have a spare gig bag and I use it to put in accessories tools strings and all the other small stuff that I don't use everyday. It's stuffed full...

I have a spare gig bag and I use it to put in accessories tools strings and all the other small stuff that I don't use everyday. It's stuffed full...
I did the same with an excess camera bag, that I got in a deal with a lens :)

Back to OPs question:
My spare concert case I use for a long neck soprano that is way to small for it. If I had no uke to put in it, I might keep it as a spare or sell it depending on how much space I need.

Never get rid of a GOOD case, especially if it's for your fav size uke. You are bound to get another uke that will either not have a case or not have a good case. I keep a few empty GOOD cases around when I cane find them. Have you looked at the prices of new nice cases? Like gas, they have skyrocketed. And unless you sell if local, it costs almost as much to ship an empty case as it does a full one! No brainer!

What circumstances left you with that nice empty case? Did you sell the uke that formerly lived in that case? Then by all means, fill it with another worthy ukulele.

I don’t use cases but I do use gig-bags and I do have a couple of ‘empty’ concert size gig bags. Soprano is my preferred Uke size and of the two Concerts that I have I intend to sell one, perhaps I should let a bag go with it. Carriage is expensive and after costs are settled a sold gig bag doesn’t add much back into the bank account. A Soprano will fit in a Concert Gig Bag and leave space for a few other things, that can be handy.

Sometimes it’s just best not to fuss too much and adapt what you have to meet broader needs.

I hang all my instruments. When I leave open cases on the floor, they are quickly occupied by the cat.

I'm in the same boat. :unsure:

Before I lost my UAS, I'd definitely buy another uke to fill the case. I'd take that as a sign that I should get another uke. Now that I don't have UAS anymore, I'd just sell or donate it.

A well-padded concert size gig bag is just about perfect for an Uzi. Just sayin'. (Nobody uses violin cases anymore)

Top Bottom