So you have an empty case..

I keep an empty tenor Gig Bag (only recently acquired) and an empty tenor canvas/foam case to use for club meetings or gigs. Usually there are some items in them at all times.

I remove the tenor(s) I'm going to play from their hard case(s) and transfer. The new cases hold more stuff and are easier to carry than the original cases.

When I get home, I wipe down the instrument (if needed), eject the cat, and return the tenor to its home case.

Before I lost my UAS, I'd definitely buy another uke to fill the case. I'd take that as a sign that I should get another uke. Now that I don't have UAS anymore, I'd just sell or donate it.
Now, was your loss of UAS the result of settling on a "forever" uke, or did it just kind of gradually fade?

A well-padded concert size gig bag is just about perfect for an Uzi. Just sayin'. (Nobody uses violin cases
I think it ran off with my religion.

(Never pass up an R.E.M. quote opportuni

I think it ran off with my religion.

(Never pass up an R.E.M. quote opportunity.)
Hahahahaha, Ziret! When it comes to puns, it's a real challenge trying to keep up with you... ;)

Now, was your loss of UAS the result of settling on a "forever" uke, or did it just kind of gradually fade?

I'm not sure if "forever" uke is the right term. I'd describe more like: I've found a uke that is pretty much everything I wanted. Maybe I'll change my mind later if I happen to come across another uke, but I'm not actively looking. So, for more than a year, I have no interest in uke shopping/buying.

The interesting part is before I came to my current state, I used to not believe anyone can be happy with just 1 uke when I read about "forever" uke. I never believed in "forever" uke, but I am now a believer. I used to think, you'd need tenors, concerts, sopranos, etc. but I can live very happy with just this 1 uke (I have to fess up that I still own more than 1 uke; but this uke, I believe, is what killed my UAS. I can be super happy without every playing my other ukes, and in fact, they've been inside cases for months and never played until only recently when I decided to hang them out... and even so, I don't grab them; only this uke is what I like to play.

I don't know if this is a blessing or a curse because I used to love uke browsing/shopping and (of course) buying. It was a lot of fun; now I feel no excitement in that department. Well, at least I don't have to dealt with wife saying "what?!! another uke?" :)

Oh, the UAS wasn't a gradual fade, it was like "I'm tired of opening new uke boxes and being disappointed" so after maybe 5-6 more ukes, I just say "no more, too much trouble receiving new ukes." And that's it. I went from browsing uke shops one day and not the next.

C) Put it in the closet with the skeletons.

So if you keep the case closed you have an equal chance that that it's empty or that it has a uke in it? Like a new form of UAS.
Not quite, but even better. With the atomic event being someone else in your house might have bought you a new uke and slipped it in there without you noticing, as long as you keep it closed you own a new Uke and at the same time you don't. That should keep your UAS satisfied, or does it? 🤯;)

Not quite, but even better. With the atomic event being someone else in your house might have bought you a new uke and slipped it in there without you noticing, as long as you keep it closed you own a new Uke and at the same time you don't. That should keep your UAS satisfied, or does it? 🤯;)
Definitely keeping the spare soprano case now.

The empty ukulele case upstairs near the attic
Holds dear the emptiness of sound
As no strings are plucked or strummed
Dust slowly wraps the fading shine in it's embrace.
Said case beckons for its fulfillment
Yet the errant master cannot but remember
Haven't I got an ukulele of probable size or maker?
Yet to find a suitable tenant
Or just wonder on in forgetfulness
As the sound of Aloha pulls one drifting.

Top Bottom