New Uke Day (NUD) NUD: Klos 8-String Tenor

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I hardly ever set out to buy a ukulele, but when catches my eye, I can't resist. That's what happened with this Klos 8-string tenor. I saw Bernadette do an unboxing and test, and I was hooked. It took a while to receive it because they had to build one. I thought they were just sitting on shelves waiting for new homes.

The sound is beautiful! I haven't compared it to my other 8-strings, but the sound is great. I haven't tried the Fishman electronics, but the built-in tuner works great.

01.jpg02.jpg04.jpg

Really nice Jerry. It has a wood neck? Nice sound from Bernadette's. I think 8-string ukes tuned that way have a mandolin-like sound to them.

The carbon body sounds almost mahogany-ish. I like it.

And let us know about those "really unusual" tuners. If they hold up well.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
@Jerryc41 , do let us know your thoughts about how this one fits in with your other 8-stringers! I've been thinking about buying one, and would love to hear from someone who's bought several!

So how is the action at the 12th fret? My experience with Klos ukes is that they tend to underset the neck angle, meaning the only way to get low action is to sand down the bridge. Is the bridge on that model wood or composite?

It sounds great! I brought it to our jam on Saturday, and people commented on how good it sounded. I just assumed I was blending in with the other ukes.

Yes, the neck is wood, and the bridge is walnut. As for the action at the 12th, I don't know. I just play it. : ) I still haven't compared it to my other 12-strings.

So how is the action at the 12th fret? My experience with Klos ukes is that they tend to underset the neck angle, meaning the only way to get low action is to sand down the bridge. Is the bridge on that model wood or composite?

I had that neck angle problem with a couple of ukes that I built. I removed the neck from the banjo uke and adjusted it, but I'm not removing the neck from the regular uke. It still plays fine (considering who's at the controls).

Really nice Jerry. It has a wood neck? Nice sound from Bernadette's. I think 8-string ukes tuned that way have a mandolin-like sound to them.

The carbon body sounds almost mahogany-ish. I like it.

And let us know about those "really unusual" tuners. If they hold up well.

Enjoy!

Brnadette says she'll be doing more with that uke, and I'm looking forward to that.

Awesome looking uke, congratulations!

Top Bottom