LoPrinzi Strings?

Joyful Uke

Reaction score
Does anyone know the string gauges of LoPrinzi's concert ukulele strings? I don't see them listed on the LoPrinzi site or Uke Republic.
Yes, I'm still in string changing mode, in spite of my battle with the one slot bridge. 😅

I don’t know the gauge, but they are very soft and easy to play. When I bought my LoPrinizi Tenor and Soprano from Mike at Uke Republic, both ukuleles were strung with LoPrinzi strings. They’re great for easy action but felt a bit floppy to me (I play guitar more than ukulele so that might be the reason why they feel floppy to me). I changed the Tenor out for D‘Adarrio Carbon, and the Sop with Fremont Black Line carbon. The LoPrinzi strings do sound really sweet so Give them a try. Mike has them in stock.

Tom

Also not sure, but they were the thinnest strings I think I ever used. Sweet sounding, but low out put. Really quiet. They just don't seem to have what it takes to wake up my Kala SSTU-t.

But, they "played in" faster that any other set I've ever used... stayed in tune after maybe 20 minutes of playing. Not sure what is different about them but this was notable.

I just put a set of Worth clear fluoros (heavy gauge) onto the same uke the LoPrinzis were on, and I have to say, I'm a fan of thick strings that really get the body of my ukes moving. The resonance and sustain really increased. Yes, they are harder on the fingers and more work to play, but I'm ok with these qualities for the full sound they deliver.

TY both.
It sounds like it's worth giving them a try.

G.022 C.028E .024 A.018 Thats measured in US measurements. Not sure if they use metric or US.
Thank you! I'm in the US, so metric makes me think too hard, so thanks for the US measurements. 😅
And thanks for taking the time to do this.

Also not sure, but they were the thinnest strings I think I ever used. Sweet sounding, but low out put. Really quiet. They just don't seem to have what it takes to wake up my Kala SSTU-t.

But, they "played in" faster that any other set I've ever used... stayed in tune after maybe 20 minutes of playing. Not sure what is different about them but this was notable.

I just put a set of Worth clear fluoros (heavy gauge) onto the same uke the LoPrinzis were on, and I have to say, I'm a fan of thick strings that really get the body of my ukes moving. The resonance and sustain really increased. Yes, they are harder on the fingers and more work to play, but I'm ok with these qualities for the full sound they deliver.
I put my Loprinzi strings on my Maple Bruko soprano and they sound great on that uke. I just got my Loprinzi about 5 weeks ago and wasnt really playing it because it didn't have any volume and didn't feel right. I don't like the Loprinzi strings on my Concert size i just purchased. I changed to some Worth Browns and it sounds great now and I like the higher tension of them also. I guess it takes some experimenting to find the right combo for each uke.

I put my Loprinzi strings on my Maple Bruko soprano and they sound great on that uke. I just got my Loprinzi about 5 weeks ago and wasnt really playing it because it didn't have any volume and didn't feel right. I don't like the Loprinzi strings on my Concert size i just purchased. I changed to some Worth Browns and it sounds great now and I like the higher tension of them also. I guess it takes some experimenting to find the right combo for each uke.
I have a concert sized LoPrinzi and am using Worth Browns on it also. Sounds good! I was thinking of trying the LoPrinzi strings, but since I was in string changing mode, I just put a new set of WBs on it.

I have Worth Browns on my mahogany baritone... I suggest you try the Worth Clears next time you change and see if this adds to the wow factor... Both kinds are great but is you like a bright sound you will like these clear fluorocarbon strings even more!

I have Worth Browns on my mahogany baritone... I suggest you try the Worth Clears next time you change and see if this adds to the wow factor... Both kinds are great but is you like a bright sound you will like these clear fluorocarbon strings even more!
I think it would sound great with Worth Clears, but put browns on because they look really nice on this ukulele. :)
But I think I'll follow your advice with the next string change and try clears on there.

Top Bottom