SOTU 537 – “Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Scorned.”

Imma practise that and try and sing it at full De Dannan speed. Would be amusing.

I finally managed to pull myself together and try out my new microphone, yay!

Here is my contribution:

Oo. I think I need my vertigo meds. Metaphorically haha.

No seriously, that combo of your rough baritone voice, that mellow uke, and those dark chords, is quite the heady cocktail.

Managed to get Mel to sit down for a minute..not positive this fits because we seem to agree men do the scorning. I I reckon all people can get pissed about all kinds of things. The rest in the intro.
Whoops- forgot these.
My friends they wash the windows and they shine in the sun
They tell me wake up early in the morning sometime
See what a beautiful job we done
I say let's put on some tunes sing along do little all day
Go sown to the riverside take off our shoes wash these sins away
The river said la la la
Shame on you
I go down to Chicano city park because it makes me feel so fine
When the weeds go down you can see up close in the dead of the winter time
But when the summer comes everything's in bloom and you wouldn't know it's there
The white folks like to pretend it's not but their music's in the air
You can hear them singing la la la
Shame on you
You can feel them dancing la la la
Shame on you
My friend Tanner she says you know me and Jesus we're of the same heart
The only thing that keeps us distant is that I keep fuckin' up
I said come on down to Chicano city park wash your blues away
The beautiful ladies walk on by
You know I never know what to say
They'll be singing ooh la la
Shame on you
Let's go road block trippin' in the
Middle of the night up in Gainesville town
There'll be blue lights flashing down the long dirt road
When they ask me to step out
They say we be looking for illegal immigrants can we check your car
I say you know it's funny I think we were on the same boat back in 1694
I said ooh la la
Shame on you

Last edited:
Haven't been able to play much lately since dislocating my shoulder and fracturing my upper arm humerus bone in a 10 foot ladder fall 2 weeks ago onto my brick patio (not too humorous), but after reading this Seasons's description, this little ditty popped into my head today, so I couldn't resist writing it down and trying to play it. I'm mending well, I was lucky I didn't get hurt much worse.

Nice to see that De Dannan has some fans who are not old farts like me. Maggie and I saw them in Toronto 3 or 4 decades ago. . .a great show.
Yeah I'm quite a fan. I love that version of Irish Molly.

Only realising and regretting what’s been lost when somebody else comes along and fully and properly appreciates her!
I love this song by Texas! Added some synth bass, oboe, pads and some vocal harmonies too. Headphones/earbuds recommended. :)

Haven't been able to play much lately since dislocating my shoulder and fracturing my upper arm humerus bone in a 10 foot ladder fall 2 weeks ago onto my brick patio (not too humorous), but after reading this Seasons's description, this little ditty popped into my head today, so I couldn't resist writing it down and trying to play it. I'm mending well, I was lucky I didn't get hurt much worse.

Lucky man. Could have been much worse. Heal quickly.

Sounds alot better from the female point of view.Thanks for the new interpretation.
I think both male and female version/point of view sound a bit helpless, LOL. I did female version impromptu and was fun to do. Love your original!

I wanted to get more in but its been a crazy week - not sure if this one was done or not...didn't check...too many clouds in my coffee!!!

I've always felt like Gloria Gaynor is channeling her anger into confidence and hope in this one...

My 11th hour entry: an entirely instrumental arrangement of Before He Cheats. This was a really fun one to create, thanks for the prompt!

Uke is completely acoustic but sounds electric when I record it on my GF’s phone, I think it works in this instance =)

Like John I missed Ila's first season, so I really didn't want to miss this week. The half term holiday does limit the time for practice and arranging music, so I decided to bring you an unfinished project.

The Queen Bee And The Drone was written in 1926 by Louis Weslyn. I think that this crime of passion qualifies for the theme.

Sheet music: https://yorkspace.library.yorku.ca/...15/17708/JAC001740.pdf?sequence=2&isAllowed=y

What a wild ride this week has been! Thanks to everyone who participated. I enjoyed every minute of this week’s contributions.

There were so many great submissions that, like last time I hosted, it is fairly impossible to pick just one winner. I’m not a fan of the randomizer picking winners. So I gave it a good, long, hard think, listened to all the submissions again, and decided on what I consider to be the three submissions that best fit the theme and which made me smile. In no particular order, they are:

• Mourningdove’s cover of “Before He Cheats”
  • Charley’s cover of “Goodbye Earl” and
  • LimousinLil’s cover of “Gonna Get Along Without You Now”
For our winners, I have Ukulele Badass merit badges suitable for adorning hats, jackets, or even ukulele cases. Winners, please contact me directly with shipping information so I can get these out to you ASAP.
Ukulele Badass reduced.jpg

Thanks again to all who participated! I look forward to hosting again sometime soon.

Top Bottom