The “Uke Corner” in my study

uketorik

Reaction score
I usually play my uke in my study, so I have a little “uke corner” there where I keep my ukes and stuff like strings, straps, etc.

76920EC2-BF10-4767-AA96-5920B5A2D88D.jpeg

How do you organise your ukes at home? Would love to see some pics!

No pics I’m afraid, but at the moment I wouldn’t class mine as organised so much as put wherever I have space. Several are downstairs in the Murder Basement (our converted cellar) while the rest are on Pub Prop clamps attached to bookshelves here in the lounge, which at least keeps them out of the way of the cats.

No pics I’m afraid, but at the moment I wouldn’t class mine as organised so much as put wherever I have space. Several are downstairs in the Murder Basement (our converted cellar) while the rest are on Pub Prop clamps attached to bookshelves here in the lounge, which at least keeps them out of the way of the cats.
I used to just put them whether there's some space, but starting to organise them a little now as the number of ukes are increasing! I'm thinking of getting some wall hangers to hang some of the ukes up instead of just leaning them against the wall.

I usually play my uke in my study, so I have a little “uke corner” there where I keep my ukes and stuff like strings, straps, etc.

View attachment 141160

Looks nice, all together and ready to go!

Most of the time, my 3 'ukulele are resting in Ingles viola stands lined along the back of my practice area. I find these stands to be a nice compromise between security and convenience.

I store the cases in a lidless wooden box right next to the instruments and transfer the instruments to the cases before having company over. The practice space itself is organized as a practice/jamming/rehearsal space. I'll post a pic or two tonight.

Most of the time, my 3 'ukulele are resting in Ingles viola stands lined along the back of my practice area. I find these stands to be a nice compromise between security and convenience.

I store the cases in a lidless wooden box right next to the instruments and transfer the instruments to the cases before having company over. The practice space itself is organized as a practice/jamming/rehearsal space. I'll post a pic or two tonight.
Please post some pics! Would love to see how you organise your ukes.

I like hanging my instruments on the wall, rotating them occasionally with 20220607_153806.jpgother guitars, ukes, or dulcimers...

Why take the straps off? Seems kind of a bother to put them on and take them off; plus, you'll loosen the button holes.

I hang them (I have 2 more in storage that I sometimes rotate out the KoAloha and Kamaka concert). They are hanged upsideodwn and are super easy to access.

20220614-123711.jpg

Why take the straps off? Seems kind of a bother to put them on and take them off; plus, you'll loosen the button holes.

I hang them (I have 2 more in storage that I sometimes rotate out the KoAloha and Kamaka concert). They are hanged upsideodwn and are super easy to access.

20220614-123711.jpg
is it more stable upside down?

20220614-123711.jpg
Actually I used to strap my ukes but recently mainly playing without straps. Now the straps are kinda redundant but I can’t bear to throw them out…

Actually I used to strap my ukes but recently mainly playing without straps. Now the straps are kinda redundant but I can’t bear to throw them out…

I tried straps on ukes before too, but I much prefer no straps on my ukes (I only play sopranos and concerts though). Without straps, my uke feels free and spontaneous, ready to play anytime. I hanged on to the unused strap for a while until one spring-cleaning day and I just threw it out; never missed it (feels a bit wasteful though).

I wonder what we can do with the extra straps... make it into a belt and go to uke meets with it?

I tried straps on ukes before too, but I much prefer no straps on my ukes (I only play sopranos and concerts though). Without straps, my uke feels free and spontaneous, ready to play anytime. I hanged on to the unused strap for a while until one spring-cleaning day and I just threw it out; never missed it (feels a bit wasteful though).

I wonder what we can do with the extra straps... make it into a belt and go to uke meets with it?
Yeah I got a bunch of straps that not being used. Happy to donate to anyone who wants them!

All my stringed instruments are in the spare room. Easy enough to grab when I want one. A lot of times the uku of the moment is on a stand by the table where I play. As for straps, I like them and I wove them, so they all stay on their assigned instrument. I think about hanging them as I do have a large wall available, but so far they are lazy and just lay around on the bed:)

Attachments

• D03468F8-C96F-4AD7-84A9-FBCB01A41CBE.jpeg
    D03468F8-C96F-4AD7-84A9-FBCB01A41CBE.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 23
All my stringed instruments are in the spare room. Easy enough to grab when I want one. A lot of times the uku of the moment is on a stand by the table where I play. As for straps, I like them and I wove them, so they all stay on their assigned instrument. I think about hanging them as I do have a large wall available, but so far they are lazy and just lay around on the bed:)
Very nice collection you got there!

Top Bottom