Kala Tenor Guitar

Good for you. I hope you enjoy it as much as I like mine.
I second the emotion. Whether you have a blueridge, an Ibanez, or a Kala, tenor guitars are fun. And loud. And the price seems good. I seem to recall having paid between two and three hundred dollars for my Blueridge and its case. Out of morbid curiosity, does it have a fret marker on the 10th or 9th fret?

I second the emotion. Whether you have a blueridge, an Ibanez, or a Kala, tenor guitars are fun. And loud. And the price seems good. I seem to recall having paid between two and three hundred dollars for my Blueridge and its case. Out of morbid curiosity, does it have a fret marker on the 10th or 9th fret?
Mine is on the 9th. I have a Blueridge too, and I find it rather too large. I prefer the Kala, but the Blueridge is all right. I use it for Plectrum music.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was just curious because I cannot abide fret markers on non-pentatonic frets. In a lot of ways I am totally chill. I don't care about nut width, or neck profile, or side-ports, or radiused fret boards, or zero-nuts. But a dot on the 9th fret would completely distract me. That's why I have the tenor guitar I have: it has a dot on the 10th.

I just ordered a Kala tenor guitar. Found one new on sale for $97 with free shipping and a gig bag!
Looks like this "too good to be true" deal was a scam. Now I have to deal with the bank to get my money back from the scumbags. I turned around and ordered an Ibanez tenor guitar from Amazon and it arrived today. Aside from some corrosion on the wound strings, it sounds great! I am very pleased with it, and will probably change the strings tomorrow. I realize after playing around with baritone ukes that this was what I was actually looking for. I just like my steel strings...

Well, good for you, Rusty. Too bad about the other one, but I hope you’ll really enjoy the Ibanez. What kinda music do you like to play?

I play with a "contemporary Christian band" that does a variety of styles from "blues" to "bluegrass" "gospel", "Celtic" and various other genres. My main instrument is the harmonica, but lately have been working in some baritone uke. I have a long guitar background with "classic rock" and "country" bands but had to give up the 6 string due to arthritis in my hands. The tenor guitar is doable for me.
"

I play with a "contemporary Christian band" that does a variety of styles from "blues" to "bluegrass" "gospel", "Celtic" and various other genres. My main instrument is the harmonica, but lately have been working in some baritone uke. I have a long guitar background with "classic rock" and "country" bands but had to give up the 6 string due to arthritis in my hands. The tenor guitar is doable for me.
"
Well, good luck, Rusty. Tenor guitars are certainly fun to play. My new Yamaha Classical is a struggle for me, and not nearly as much fun — ahhh, well . . .

Top Bottom