Season 541: Oh no! I left the toilet seat up!

Cheers for hosting your debut season Voran. I had an ex who would turn on the water works in the style of Amber Heard to get her own way (and turn them off just as quick once she did) so this one by Roy Orbison Immediately sprung to mind..........

Last edited:
Not sure I am going to get time to contribute a new song this week. But here is one from five years ago that I'd love more people to hear. It's a tongue in cheek one...

I used to think that this was a tribute to lost love, but now I see that he's better off without her!!!
She mocked his sensitivity, and made an empty promise - a vow to be true that she obviously broke.
I really feel for this guy. And if I ever run into HER I'll give her a serve about stomping on hearts.
But seriously, he's got to get over her - I'm sick of seeing him moping around the beach.

One should think with a months notice on the theme, I sshould manage to post a song before the weekend.
But of course I only started practicing this week, and realised just yesterday that I was working on an arrangement in a wrong key.

I cross my fingers that I will manage to finish it during the weekend!

Hi Voran, thanks for hosting! I misnumbered the season on the video, but I fixed the title. One of Mick and Keith's country-influenced songs on "Sticky Fingers" that could use a harmony vocal. It's in D, so feel free to add your voice at home.

I'm sorry everyone but I'm feeling a bit disillusioned here and not even sure what is going on.

I just received a private message from Ila telling me that people are angry at me because I didn't post a playlist (I did) and because I didn't post individual comments on each Youtube (I realize this one was my fault, I genuinely missed that part, I must have been distracted because I don't remember anything about individual comments when reading the instructions).

She informed me that people are expressing frustration on Youtube. I don't know where. I've looked through each Youtube and so far can't see angry comments about me. Who exactly is mad here?

I'm unsure what to make of this. I understand that I slipped and forgot something...but at the same time, grown adults getting mad over something this small is a bit much. I can't imagine being mad because I didn't get a personal Youtube comment. Would it have killed to be a bit understanding given this was my first time having a go at hosting a season?

Hey, Voran, thanks for hosting. If someone on the forum has had their feathers ruffled up a bit, that is their problem. I hope you just carry on as you see fit and remember that we are all guests in YOUR HOUSE this week, so however you choose to run your season is just fine. Thanks again for supporting this group, even the grumblers among us.

Way back when, I heard this song on the radio with my friend, Moss. After the song was over, he remarked that this gal Sue was really bad news. His comment has stuck with me all these many years since we were in school together.

I'm sorry everyone but I'm feeling a bit disillusioned here and not even sure what is going on.

I just received a private message from Ila telling me that people are angry at me because I didn't post a playlist (I did) and because I didn't post individual comments on each Youtube (I realize this one was my fault, I genuinely missed that part, I must have been distracted because I don't remember anything about individual comments when reading the instructions).

She informed me that people are expressing frustration on Youtube. I don't know where. I've looked through each Youtube and so far can't see angry comments about me. Who exactly is mad here?

I'm unsure what to make of this. I understand that I slipped and forgot something...but at the same time, grown adults getting mad over something this small is a bit much. I can't imagine being mad because I didn't get a personal Youtube comment. Would it have killed to be a bit understanding given this was my first time having a go at hosting a season?
As Yukio has just said, you are the host, we are the guests in your house. If you choose not to serve canapes before the meal, that's up to you. And THANK YOU for stepping up and hosting.

Thanks for the positive posts, guys. I appreciate em.

I'm just feeling a bit rattled because apparently, Ila tells me, there's some festering groundswell of annoyance at me that has been going on in secret where I had no idea about it. I find that a bit much and honestly, a bit alarming - why are grown adults aged in their 50s, 60s and beyond so angry that I forgot to comment on their Youtubes?!

I'd also like to point out that it is now SATURDAY. People have had a WEEK in which they could have said 'Hey, Voran, you forgot something, you're supposed to comment individually on people's Youtubes.' Instead, apparently, people chose to rant behind my back where I had no idea this was going on.

Well, the "bad behavior" in this song is only waltzing on the way to mass and whistling on the stair, and the complaining is being done by nuns, not a man; but when my wife started singing it earlier this week (for a totally unrelated reason), I realized it could fit, at least sort of?

Voran, thank you for hosting!

Well, the "bad behavior" in this song is only waltzing on the way to mass and whistling on the stair, and the complaining is being done by nuns, not a man; but when my wife started singing it earlier this week (for a totally unrelated reason), I realized it could fit, at least sort of?

Voran, thank you for hosting!

Oooo...you have a beautiful voice.

Sorry yall, just saw 2 from this thread were missing - have added them now!

Top Bottom