SEASON 556- 1972

For the last oh...26 years, I have referred to my little friends at work as the Children Of The Revolution- one of my all time favorite songs and in a rare moment, one I don't have to read as I play so I donned my sunnies and just went for it, too fast, too loud, too under-supervised.
Released as a single September 1972

Last edited:
This song peaked at number two in the UK charts in August of 1972...

"Seaside Shuffle" by Terry Dactyl and the Dinosaurs 🦕🦖

The original had amazing cajun accordian and the melody had just a smidgen of Mungo Jerry in the summertime they even played the MonkeystickIMG_20221012_081908.jpg a boot on a stick with bells on it.

This one was on the charts in January 1972.

I hope it counts!

This "Berni Original" commemorates the time, back in 1972, when I lived in a community where the hippy dream was turning into a nightmare (overdoses, Hell's Angels, dope rip-offs, heavy drugs appearing etc.).

This nightmare was especially true for a person who kept open house for a load of "fellow hippies"-only to find out that they were not on his ideological wavelength, but were rather a bunch of freeloading hedonists at best or just plain nihilists at worse.

Hope you enjoy (if that's the right word) "You don't get rid of us so easily"

This is the day I get an afternoon prep to grade papers and anyone but a fool would do exactly that with the piles I have to get through...but alas, I am a fool.
One who would rather watch you guys playing!!! Another great set of songs here:

BEV, Seaside Shuffle- OK, this one is definitely one I have not heard, what a fun song! I went and watched the original and they must have trotted out every instrument they could find. Made me smile ear to ear- thanks for the introduction!

Liz, Old Fashioned Love SOng- Of course it counts! What a great old song and you handled it perfectly! Really nice work here, thank you!

Elman, Clair- My parents must have had this record, because I recognize this song like an old friend. Could be the fantastic cover here, and the whistling! Excellent stuff my friend. Thanks for playing this for us!

Berni, You won’t get rid of us so easily- Sigh- I had this experience with many punks in the early nineties. Seems this may be universal at least within counter-cultures. What a great song Berni- thanks so much for writing and playing this for us! I love the sound of that tenor!

Kolibri, Godfather theme- Our first instrumental! Very well done. Wish I could pull these off, but it is not in the cards for me, thanks for playing this one for us ;)

Thanks for helping me procrastinate gang- keep em coming!!!!

My favourite band in 1972 was Jethro Tull...that year they released Thick as a Brick. Here's part 1 ....sort of. Guitalale tuned G to g. Like a guitar capoed 3.

just saw on Steve's thread when I signed up to host. It IS your birthday week! Happy 50, Dave!

Reactions: TCK
This is the day I get an afternoon prep to grade papers and anyone but a fool would do exactly that with the piles I have to get through...but alas, I am a fool.
One who would rather watch you guys playing!!! Another great set of songs here:

BEV, Seaside Shuffle- OK, this one is definitely one I have not heard, what a fun song! I went and watched the original and they must have trotted out every instrument they could find. Made me smile ear to ear- thanks for the introduction!

Liz, Old Fashioned Love SOng- Of course it counts! What a great old song and you handled it perfectly! Really nice work here, thank you!

Elman, Clair- My parents must have had this record, because I recognize this song like an old friend. Could be the fantastic cover here, and the whistling! Excellent stuff my friend. Thanks for playing this for us!

Berni, You won’t get rid of us so easily- Sigh- I had this experience with many punks in the early nineties. Seems this may be universal at least within counter-cultures. What a great song Berni- thanks so much for writing and playing this for us! I love the sound of that tenor!

Kolibri, Godfather theme- Our first instrumental! Very well done. Wish I could pull these off, but it is not in the cards for me, thanks for playing this one for us ;)

Thanks for helping me procrastinate gang- keep em coming!!!!
Why do today what you can put off till tomorrow?
I hear the Procrastinator's Club Of North America is holding their 1972 Annual Meeting next week. . . or maybe the week after. Will I see you there Dave?

just saw on Steve's thread when I signed up to host. It IS your birthday week! Happy 50, Dave!
Yep- in 17 minutes I am 50! Sorry I have been quiet today folks, got some dental work today and everything hurts. I will be back with a song tomorrow- hopefully having to view a boat load of songs!

Last edited:
Happy birthday, Young'n!!!!

remember that any time someone tells us to "act your age", the correct answer is, "It ain't no act- this is me!"

-Kurt​
(Nancy's b'day is Sunday, but we'll be at the NYS Sheep & Wool Festival as vendors, so no time to celebrate!)​

Reactions: TCK
Walk on the wild side

The lyrics of this song are a bit controversial and they refer to a series of individuals and their journeys to New York City, They are the regular "superstars" at Andy Warhol's New York studio, The Factory, namely Holly Woodlawn, Candy Darling, Joe Dallesandro, Jackie Curtis and Joe Campbell (referred to in the song by his nickname Sugar Plum Fairy).

Last edited:
I googled "music in 1972" and saw a list of "notable events in music that took place in 1972".

This -
"February 13 – Led Zeppelin's concert in Singapore is canceled when government officials will not let them off the airplane because of their long hair."

I remember reading about this years later, when I was a teenager. I thought it was stupid.
Anyway - I wanted to post something to say that Singapore is VERY DIFFERENT now.

I think I was singing quite clearly but here are the words:
Your hair is too long - you can't play! Your nails are too long - you can't play! You've been sleeping for too long - you can't play! This song is too short. (40 seconds is a bit too long but I didn't plan in advance...)

Well, since it's a lot older than 50 years, I can't make a video of this song for this season, but, for your birthday, I'll be singing:

Too old, too old, he's too old to cut the mustard any more
He's gettin' too old, too old, too old to cut the mustard any more.

When he was young and in his prime, Dave used to do it all the time,
But now he's old and gettin' grey, he only does it twice a day.

Too old. too old, he's . . .

Another from “Will the Circle …” It’s the record that introduced me to Doc Watson (I much later learned he was a distant cousin by marriage …) I’ll leave the Doc tributes to Billy Strings. If I’m doing a Hank Williams song, though, I have to play my Martin.

Top Bottom