I don't think this is cool at all

Oh my word, that added text to the video made my day. πŸ˜‚

I actually wasn't sure TUS was originally a part of this ULTP kerfuffle and whether they wanted to be but, after that video, it is pretty clear what their stance is. :)

For folks wondering what... TUS added text to the video used to call out Terry πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Sadly. The text does not seem to be visible when viewing the embedded video on the Slime Site.... (edit) -- via ios Safari.

it's there when viewing by desktop. Good!

~ S.

Sadly. The text does not seem to be visible when viewing the embedded video on the Slime Site.... (edit) -- via ios Safari.

~ S.

It shows up on my iPhone in Safari.

The text is only on the initial image though. It disappears when you hit play.

Just on a side note.. If you’re charging that much for a Uke how difficult is it to prop your phone up against something and take a one / two minute sound bite of the actual Uke.

You can then upload it to YouTube at the click of a button. I get the sound might not be studio quality but at least it’s authentic and features the actual Uke.

Just on a side note.. If you’re charging that much for a Uke how difficult is it to prop your phone up against something and take a one / two minute sound bite of the actual Uke.

You can then upload it to YouTube at the click of a button. I get the sound might not be studio quality but at least it’s authentic and features the actual Uke.
Because Terry knows he lacks the skills to properly show off a high end instrument so instead he steals a video of someone else who can and does

~ S.
This sure does not look like a high end uke. More like a Chinese design $70 value.

Has anyone reached out to him directly regarding these things? Has he made any official responses? I think I read somewhere his wife was on the forum?

Has anyone reached out to him directly regarding these things? Has he made any official responses? I think I read somewhere his wife was on the forum?
His last official response to an issue addressed on the forum was somewhat underwhelming:

His last official response to an issue addressed on the forum was somewhat underwhelming:

Good grief. That’s a very unprofessional response. I find it particularly upsetting that he disclosed what the buyer asked for in a refund.

Curious (and disappointing) that he seems to have personal and professional relations with some reputable names in the community. I wonder if that will change. I certainly wouldn’t want my brand associated with this kind of business.

Curious (and disappointing) that he seems to have personal and professional relations with some reputable names in the community.
This is really the part that is difficult to understand. He must move product (and that apparently is how he sees ukes - as just a product) but, especially at the higher end, I would think there are other dealers that could pick up the slack.

This is really the part that is difficult to understand. He must move product (and that apparently is how he sees ukes - as just a product) but, especially at the higher end, I would think there are other dealers that could pick up the slack.
agree, but:
1- that's business, and
2- I'm not sure I buy it... it's only coming from one TC and we know he's quite the BSer.
In a video I once heard him say he might go visit the guys at HMS/TUS. Can you imagine that meeting?!

He sure does a lot of name dropping and posting of pictures with known uke people. If that reflects actual relationships and is also reciprocated is a completely different topic.

TUS folks definitely know what Terry's been up to. Think his cult followers (including bedfellow Pepe) will care? Probably not.
View attachment 144852
That made me LOL for real. They should add even more text to the video. Maybe note what the price should be instead of the overinflated price that it's being sold for. And add in a link to TUS.

Without giving me a "lowball" estimate, what would a used Romero uke of this caliber actually be worth?

TUS folks definitely know what Terry's been up to. Think his cult followers (including bedfellow Pepe) will care? Probably not.
View attachment 144852
Wow this is awesome! I wonder what its like to deal with Terry. Unfortunately they probably have to work with him because he is getting Pono's (Andrews family) and Anuenues (Kalei/Corey) from them. Saw that TC got a bunch of Anuenues (Singers and UT1Ks) recently.

I think it would just take one to say "oh sorry, we don't have stock available for you right now", and the dominos start falling until the whole house of cards comes down. Heck, maybe he's even anticipating that, given the name change and expansion to guitars etc. Or maybe that's all just wishful thinking.

Top Bottom