Price
Shipping
Included to CONUS, buyer pays insurance
Size
Tenor

roastbeast

Reaction score
Open to reasonable offers!

Rare! Limited Custom Release Rebel "Original Fake" Tenor Ukulele w/ LR Baggs 5.0 Active Pick-up w/ Vol Control + Lekato Looper/Digital Tuner pedal. Uke is #1 of 10 ever made. Currently strung low G. Body is about 10% smaller than other tenors, but has a full tenor sound. String spacing is traditional. Great for tenor AND concert players. Looper is in mint condition.

Exact uke demo'd by Corey:

Jamming with Abe Lagrimas Jr!

*Skip to time 25:53 in Youtube video for origin story of this amazing custom -

Specs of sister uke w/ no preamp - https://theukulelesite.com/rebel-custom-tenor-original-fake-220.html

Uke was purchased and set up by The Ukulele Site late 2021. Original retail value of the OF + preamp/guitar pin install + looper pedal + tax was $2100. Shipping to CONUS included in price. Buyer pays insurance. Can do Paypal transaction to save you costs. Will come with hardcase, humidifier, and spare high g string. Will condition fretboard with 100% mineral oil before shipping. Great value and package for somebody looking to up their musicianship, live jam, record, compose and perform with a handcrafted, pro quality, high end looking ukulele.

Uke has been jammed on by Andrew Molina and has performed with world famous ukulele artist Abe Lagrimas Jr - search on YouTube "Oleha Abe Lagrimas Jr Rumba"

Origin story - search YouTube "21.11 Rebel Ukulele with Peng"

The "Original Fake" tenor ukulele is a limited run custom tenor handmade by the master luthiers at Rebel Ukulele, who were trained by the famous KoAloha team. This uke features the tonal equivalent of one of the ultimate tonewood combos, cedar/rosewood (padauk is an Indian Rosewood equivalent).

Rebel is a company that pushes modern design and innovation in every one of their custom models. They make a very limited run of each custom model before moving on to their next.

This uke has an incredible open sound and killer tone from having opened up. It projects very well, is punchy, with a well rounded top end, right between bright and warm. This uke has a modern Hawaiian sound... on steroids.

Uke is in most excellent condition with light signs of wear only visible upon close inspection under direct light on soundboard. Can email close up, high res pics. Back, sides, neck and headstock are in very minty condition. Intonation is spot on. Action at 12th fret is right at 2.5-2.6mm. Has dressed frets for smooth movement up and down the fretboard.

Features:

Side soundport!!
LR Baggs 5.0 active pickup with adjustable volume
Guitar pin
Solid yellow Alaskan cedar (bass side) / red western cedar (treble side) top
Ebony sides
Padauk back (similar tonal profile to Indian Rosewood)
Curly marrango neck
Dressed frets
Half ebony / padauk fretboard
Ebony headstock plate
Brass inlaid reverse Rebel logo
Gold & black Gotoh Planetary tuners
Padauk front and back binding

I'm a uke enthusiast that collects and performs. I take my ukuleles very seriously and treat them all with great respect and care. I have sold ukes to buyers as far as Asia, on multiple platforms, FB, Reverb, OfferUp, Craigslist. Happy to virtually demo over videochat. Mahalo!

Attachments

• 20221202_153450.jpg
    20221202_153450.jpg
    805.5 KB · Views: 323
  • 20221202_153547.jpg
    20221202_153547.jpg
    729 KB · Views: 221
  • 20221202_153635.jpg
    20221202_153635.jpg
    764.5 KB · Views: 192
  • 20221202_153717.jpg
    20221202_153717.jpg
    964.1 KB · Views: 206
  • 20230222_174625.jpg
    20230222_174625.jpg
    410.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6138.jpg
    IMG_6138.jpg
    794 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I was just about to post this. Thank you. It truly is a wonderful uke, especially to perform with. But at the moment, a very specific set of circumstances needs to happen if I'm to part with it.
I sent you my email address

Excellent Rebel tenor with a great backstory. Looper pedal makes the sale even better. Would if I could...
GLWS.

Excellent Rebel tenor with a great backstory. Looper pedal makes the sale even better. Would if I could...
GLWS.
Thank you Kenn! Custom quality sound and build at a great value. I've played all 4 of the Hawaiian K brands, and IMHO this uke sounds easily on par, if not better than Kanile'a, KoAloha koa ukes I've owned, and several Kamaka koa ukes I've tried. It's up there with my Ko'olau koa tenor.

Last edited:
Update, I have a set or two of slightly used high dGBE strings. I was experimenting with them on other ukes and they have seen very little play time. Happy to include them. This uke will sound awesome as a high dGBE tenor for you bari/guitar players 😎🤘

Back for sale since I just saw my next uke I want xD, but won't be avail to ship until after 3/17. Uke has served me well and has been lovingly played and cared for. Great for performing and recording with LR Baggs 5.0 preamp. This is Original Fake #1 of 10 ever made with this configuration of yellow cedar on bass side and red cedar on treble side.

Exact uke demo'd by Corey:

*Skip to time 25:53 in Youtube video for origin story of this amazing custom -

The Ukulele Site listing and sound samp of a sister uke - https://theukulelesite.com/rebel-custom-tenor-original-fake-220.html

Original total retail was over $2100 ($1700 for uke + $240 for LR Baggs and guitar pin install + $60 for Lekato Looper + tax). Was bought brand new from the Ukulele Site in late 2021. Will come with Oahu hardcase, humidifer and Lekato Looper.

This uke features fan bracing that accentuates mid and treble tones and gives it a very traditional Hawaiian sound. Has incredible projection, volume, sustain and overtones. Sounds like it has built in reverb. Sound quality on par with, if not better than similar priced Hawaiian K brand ukes. Quality of sound and build easily competes with custom ukes costing thousands more. Is an incredible open sound and killer tone. Very balanced and well rounded. This uke has a traditional Hawaiian tone... on steroids. Side soundport gives the player a true representation of sound.

The live audio for this live performance of "Holiday Chill" at Long Beach Airport in Dec 2022 was played on several radio stations on the Jeni from the Beach Show.

I will condition fretboard with 100% pure mineral oil before shipping. Currently strung with Worth Brown Fats and a silver wound La Bella for low G. Intonation is spot on. Action at 12th fret is right at 2.5-2.6mm.

Uke is in excellent condition, no dings on sides or signs of wear on back or sides. Slight surface strum marks and some finish checkering on finish on upper bout below A string. Some knicks on finish below bridge on A string side from accidental tapping with finger nails when doing percussion. Signs of wear only visible upon close inspection under direct light. A luthier near me quoted $100 to repair finish.

Some tonewood facts:

Yellow Cedar is closer to spruce in terms of stiffness and density, and has sound qualities of both cedar and spruce, similar to whar aged spruce sounds like.

Padauk (back of uke) is slightly denser than Indian Rosewood. This uke is an equivalent to a cedar / rosewood tonewood combo, considered one of the best combos of tonewoods.

Features:

Set up for ultimate playability
Fretboard recently conditioned with 100% mineral oil
Side soundport
LR Baggs 5.0 active pickup with adjustable volume
Guitar pin
Solid yellow cedar (bass side) / red cedar (treble side) top
Ebony sides
Padauk back (similar tonal profile to Indian Rosewood)
Curly marrango neck
Dressed frets
Half ebony / padauk fretboard
Ebony headstock plate
Brass inlaid reverse Rebel logo
Gold & black Gotoh Planetary tuners
Padauk front and back binding

Happy to virtually demo. Mahalo!

Tuner pedal specs:

Built in reverb. Traditional Hawaiian tone on steroids.

The only thing you forgot to mention is that when you say morphin time it brings world peace.

Kikaida activation!!!

Top Bottom