Season 569 -- DCDC (Three Season Throwback!)

Thanks for hosting, Ila! :)

So, this is me and my identical twin brother, Roobarb, collaborating on an early Depeche Mode album track. Some synth additions here, and some vocal harmonies too.

TBB, I am literally laughing out loud! Great job, Fido*.

[*The name comes from the Latin word fidus meaning “to trust or confide in.” In short “I am faithful.”]
I had no idea that was where Fido came from, but now that you’ve told me it makes perfect sense!

Just for a laugh, here’s one of my 40,000 failed attempts to play The Nearness of You, which was my original plan for this week’s theme. I was basically sabotaged by my collaborator.

I’ve cut it very short, I think the dog made his feelings clear pretty early on.

Just for a laugh, here’s one of my 40,000 failed attempts to play The Nearness of You, which was my original plan for this week’s theme. I was basically sabotaged by my collaborator.

I’ve cut it very short, I think the dog made his feelings clear pretty early on.

Your collaborator is adogable.

Reactions: TBB
Hello, Ila ... and many thanks for hosting! I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it this week, but here I am, with one very uncooperative and totally untalented cat - I mean, she can't sing, dance or even play the ukulele! I had to film her separately, because I only have to pick up a uke for her to stalk out of the room. She IS very good at looking out of the window, though ... so this song is quite appropriate!

Here is a little collaboration that Voran and I put together:

I've seen guitarists flip their capos off but don't think I've ever seen a capo shuffled along the neck mid stream for a key change. :D Fab entry guys x
Actually, I think you have. This is from a long-ago Season, and is a duet:

Later I did it at a music party, and got some assistance from my fellows:
D66D2C43-A387-4E5E-ABD1-5CE57B8EA6ED.jpeg

Ila, your pencil capo is genius!

Reactions: Ila
Hey, everybody!

Thanks for hosting, Ila and also thank you asking me to be the Sonny to your Cher on this song!
It was an absolute honour and a pleasure to perform with you again!
No dogs on this, I'm afraid. Just the mournful cry of the melodica...

(Also, everybody check out Ila's ingenious navigation of the key change using self designed technology! Nothing short of brilliant!)

x

Hey Ila, I have been using this home-made capo on my lap dulcimer for about three decades. I have changed the elastic band a few times over the years, but it's been the same chopstick from the beginning. I've thought of putting some rubber tubing over the chopstick, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe sometime in the next decade.

Dulcimer capo.jpg

Another one string capo that I made from a Bic pen lid - cut off the tail and make a string groove:

dulcimerpartialcapo.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it took till Sunday, but I finally persuaded my daughter to find a moment in her busy life to back up her aged father. Though she insisted on anonymity on YouTube 😜

So, late to the party, but it ain't over yet!

Hope you like:

What a fantastic week of amazing submissions! I enjoyed them all. As per usual, it is hard to pick a single winner. I was impressed by the collaborations of Sabine and Edwin, and Chris with Jim, but my heart skipped a beat when I heard Steve's dog Alfie protesting the very existence of his nemesis cat next door. So this week's winners are Steve and Alfie! Well done, you two.

What a fantastic week of amazing submissions! I enjoyed them all. As per usual, it is hard to pick a single winner. I was impressed by the collaborations of Sabine and Edwin, and Chris with Jim, but my heart skipped a beat when I heard Steve's dog Alfie protesting the very existence of his nemesis cat next door. So this week's winners are Steve and Alfie! Well done, you two.
Alfie is truly humbled at becoming a bit of an internet sensation. I am just pleased if I can get my seat back by telling her that Cookie is outside again.

Thanks for hosting Ila, and apologies to all the other worthy collaborations who were beaten by a performing dog. 🐶

Alfie is truly humbled at becoming a bit of an internet sensation. I am just pleased if I can get my seat back by telling her that Cookie is outside again.

Thanks for hosting Ila, and apologies to all the other worthy collaborations who were beaten by a performing dog. 🐶
Yes, but what a performing dog! 😊

Thanks for the idea and for the shoutout, Ila. Maybe 2023 is the year I finally look into video editing software. This season has convinced me that - although I simply enjoy bare minimum and raw take videos - I need to get out of my comfort zone, get a bit better organised, and just put in the time / effort. Big congrats to Steve and Alfie!

Top Bottom