Is there a song or tune you’re currently obsessed with learning to play?

"Couldn’t ask for a better obsession than the Beatles"
"After reading your message I realised I don’t have any Beatles tunes in my repertoire"

IA about The Beatles being a good obsession. :)

When I started playing ukulele, I had no idea what all I'd be trying to learn, but didn't think it would focus on Beatles' songs. Turns out, Beatles' songs are the majority of what I've got memorized. Learning Jake's versions of Here There and Everywhere, and In My Life are highlights of my ukulele journey so far. (Not that I sound like Jake, but I'm sure enjoying it.)

Currently working on The Long and Winding Road, and I'll Follow the Sun, (along with Brittni's version of All of Me - not that I'll ever sound like Brittni.) For those of us who use tabs, there are lots of good fingerpicking versions of Beatles songs out there. I guess that must be my obsession, though it snuck up on me.

Since I stumbled upon it a few days ago, this is at the top of my list to learn.

One of my favorite to play is "Greensleeves." Just sounds so hauntingly beautiful on the uke.

After reading your message I realised I don’t have any Beatles tunes in my repertoire. I think I’ll try my hand at “Till There Was You” after I’m done with “Magic Ukulele Waltz”. Will check to see if MDG has a version of it.

Dunno about that, but one of my other favorite tutorialists posted a fingerstyle version of that just a few days ago. It's really nice, too!

Crisply drawn tabs on screen, obvs, but his pay site (Subscribestar) is only $5 to get access to all his PDF downloads ever (hundreds of 'em) for a month. Well worth it.

His fingerstyle Golden Slumbers is also a gem.

Not quite as jaunty as Til There Was You, of course, but he has a bunch of other Beatles fingerstyle arrangements that you may find more up your alley.

I enjoy playing Hey Jude on the uke. One of my favorite Beatles tunes anyway, and it translates pretty well

what version are you playing? I have the tabs from UkuleleHunt.com
I’m not sure. I learned it on guitar a long time ago and just modified it to play on the uke. I play it in the same key as the original.

I’m currently obsessed with this gem by James Hill on baritone which is played I believe in BEBE tuning. It’s called Promenade. I must have watched it a hundred times but have yet to try it on my Mya Moe baritone.

That’s a beautiful song, very catchy 😁

Not a tune, per se, but I’ve been working on walking bass lines. For some reason relearning the bass clef is harder than I’d hoped.

My current two obsessions.

I managed to work out most of "Please Please Me" but "Tico-tico no fuba" is challenging! 😁

I'm going to have to add "Please Please Me" to my want-to-learn list. Sounds like fun!

Top Bottom