Salutations!

Shoepixie

Reaction score
Hello, lovelies. I have been lurking here for a bit (even joined a contest, oh my) and hope to eventually get to meet more of you brilliant, fantastic musicians and ukerists.

I stumbled upon this place once I'd gotten my first uke (cheapie mahalo, whee!). Getting a uke was rather impulsive. Ages ago, there was a bloke on youtube who sang about Alan Moore, and how there should be ukuleles for the children in every school. His songs were so fun and happy and warm-hearted, and they enchanted me.

This winter I'd been trying in vain to get my hands on me mum's old autoharp, to learn it in time for summer busking (I'm a facepainter, so busking is a huge part of my work). That didn't happen and didn't happen, and one day while searching for instruments on ebay, I noticed how plentiful and cheap ukes were, and I remembered that fellow with his lovely songs. Did a bit of research, read that the uke was easy to learn, and remembered that George Harrison played one - that sealed the deal! Ordered one that day, and found my way here while searching for how to learn. :)

Anyway, now that I've gone on too much, I hope you won't mind my enthusiasm and puppy-hyperness, it's only because I'm so chuffed to be learning this fun instrument and meeting such fun, helpful people.

Welcome!!!! Looking forward to hearing about your adventures with your Uke :)

Thank you both so much! @UkeDan, I have a Kala Thinline too (soprano)! I love it, and I hope you dig your tenor just as much. Isn't the thinline utterly loverly?

Thank you both so much! @UkeDan, I have a Kala Thinline too (soprano)! I love it, and I hope you dig your tenor just as much. Isn't the thinline utterly loverly?

Yes, it's a great uke! Amazing sound out of that small body. I tend to use my sceptre most of the time though...love the feel and sound of that one :)

Kala Soprano Thinline (Travel Uke) is my constant companion and go-to uke.

Lord willing, I'll be in the Islands this summer caring for my mom. I hope to find a Concert Travel uke
at a moderate price to use for busking on the sidewalks of Waikiki.

Welcome to UU.

Keep uke-in',

@Uncle Rod My wishes added to yours! A concert would be loverly - me, I only use sopranos when I'm traveling (I think? Haven't been ukin' long enough to tell for sure) and so it was time to get something a weebit nicer than the cheapie mahalo, and so the Thinline...well, the fact that no-one said a single bad thing about it was a good sign! I prefer concert I think, but I do adore it. It's beautiful; I can see why you want another!

Welcome to UU. I just learned what chuffed means a few weeks ago. How fun to read that sentence!
Stick around and enjoy.

May I be the fifth to welcome you to UU, my dear Youtube friend!

@sukie: Isn't chuffed a GREAT word? Right up there with 'zounds'. I love it.

@deets: Deeeets! Dear dear Youtube friends, my greetings back to you! How loverly to see you here, it's scary when I don't know anyone yet. *grin*

Thanks to all of you for a warm welcome, it's much appreciated!

Top Bottom