Recent content by actadh

1. actadh

Total Immersion Hobbies before Discovering Ukulele

My fixation was kick scooting. Started with a Razor A5, and had quite a nice collection of different styles of scooters. My favorite was a Sbyke A20. Rode most days and really enjoyed it. Contributed to a website as a reviewer. Then work and health issues made it difficult to ride.
  2. actadh

New and happy to be here

Welcome! I will enjoy reading your blog.
  3. actadh

I’ve been away a (very) long time

Welcome back! I have been here since 2014. My playing has gotten crappier due to arthritis, but I still play. The dog thinks it is pretty good.
  4. actadh

Hello from Colorado

Nice to meet you, Terry. One of my best memories was playing for my mom in hospice. Thank you for bringing peace.
  5. actadh

Hello!

Welcome! Please keep us posted on your progress.
  6. actadh

Hello from CA :)

Welcome to the forums.Glad you are here.
  7. actadh

Hi all

Welcome from West Virginia, USA!
  8. actadh

Baritone ukuleles without truss rods

My 70 year old Vega baritone is the same.
  9. actadh

At what age did you get your first uke?

2014 for me - a Luna concert. I was 55.
  10. actadh

Larger Sopranos

My Kala bamboo soprano is much bigger than my Kala ASOV soprano.
  11. actadh

Best baritone ukulele under $250 sold in the US

eBay and Reverb has good vintage baritones, if you can look over the pictures. I have a Bobby Henshaw Vega built solid mahogany and a laminate top and back Tempo.
  12. actadh

remove brand logo from headstock

I use a hair accessory on the headstock. This one is a pony tail band with a flower hair clip attached.
  13. actadh

If You Had it to Do All Over Again, What Would be Your Starter Uke? And Why?

My two cents would be higher end laminate. I bought my HPL OXK soprano nearly a year after I started playing, and at the time wished I had started with it - well made, sounded good, and a bit sturdier. It also was less prone to changing "voice" based on the environment, which is good for a...
  14. actadh

Can new strings make a Martin 0XK concert sound brighter?

I like the M600's the best on the OXK.