Recent content by Aloha1985

1. A

Kala elite doghair vs anuenue amm3

Wow! You are a fantastic musician. Thank you.
  2. A

Thanks for the correction. I changed my post to correct it.
  3. A

Yes, that’s my problem too! I want them both.
  4. A

You are correct. It’s the elite doghair. I goofed
  5. A

What is the difference between Japanese-built and Hawaiian-built? Thank you.
  6. A

I am interested in getting a mahogany tenor. I have a Kala koa elite concert and a koaloha ktm-00 tenor. I love them both. I seem to prefer the richer tone of the tenor. I have an opportunity to get a Kala elite doghair prototype tenor or a anuenue amm3. I can not play them before I get them...
  7. A

15 minute session with Alderine

Hello. I signed up for a private session with Aldrine . What should I expect? Do we just talk? Do I play? I am getting very nervous about it. I said I am having problems with my strumming and switching chords.
  8. A

Second tenor Kala KA-ASCP-T or Ohana 90sc

I have a koaloha ktm-00 that I love. And a Kala koa elite concert. I am thinking of getting a second tenor. I am also wondering if a second all koa - Kala elite koa tenor would sound significantly different from my koaloha. I am rather intrigued by the different sounds different tone woods make...
  9. A

A stupid question about straps.

One of my ukuleles came with buttons, so I purchased a strap for it. Do I leave it on or do I take it off after I finish playing? I purchased the strap hoping it would help with this particular uke. My fretting hand hurts after I play, this doesn’t happen with my other ukuleles. It ‘cuts’ into...
  10. A

Do laminate ukuleles need a humidifier?

I use humidifiers in my two solid wood ukuleles. Do my two laminates need humidors? I live in NYC. The lowest the humidity has gotten in my apartment this winter was 39%. It was usually 40-50%. Thank you.
  11. A

Basic Ukulele maintenance/ care

I am a relative newbie. How should I be taking care of my ukuleles? I have 3 soon to be 4. Two are laminates,two are solid koa wood. I keep them in cases, lying flat down. I wipe them down with a lint free cloth after playing them and have a humidifier in the solid wood one. I live in NYC.
  12. A

Which to get Kala koa elite tenor or koaloha ktm?

I chose the 2020 which was the upper one. They both are beautiful but I liked the off centered look and kept going back to it. My husband liked that the best too.
  13. A

There are two. Both are the newer model. One was made in 2019, the other in 2020. Both are beautiful, about $150 price difference after shipping etc. I am just trying to decide which. It is difficult from just photos. One seems to have mor variations of colour. I must decide quickly before they...
  14. A

I had posted asking about Kala koa elite tenor vs two others. Someone purchased the koa elite before I decided. In further looking for another kala elite, I found a gorgeous koaloha KLM tenor. Both are supposed to be in excellent condition. The prices are pretty much the same. I can’t try them...
  15. A

Kala elite koa, Martin t1k or Ohana 90sc tenors

I am a newbie, I don
Top Bottom