Recent content by badhabits

1. badhabits

Leolani price

the difference bw a name brand (albeit smaller and not as widely known) and a house brand? happens a lot btw...
  2. badhabits

slight change to Uke Crazy polyfoam cases

Just got a concert size, presumably new stock, and instead of the velcro hold down strap there is a small foam block inside the top, that presses down when closed to hold the uke in place. It is visible in pics on the kala website. I like it. I don't like stiff velcro (or other sharp stuff)...
  3. badhabits

Did anyone else name their ukulele?

a feminine name for a waterMAN??? hmmm, confusion ensues. how about "splashy"? or "jonah"
  4. badhabits

Ukulele Instruction

simple fix....when the "lesson" starts, stand up, walk away, come back when the "lesson" is over. perhaps other members might find it useful...or not. or if you're the only there just say "I don't need this cr@p, let's play!"
  5. badhabits

KoAloha's New Tuners

agreed...doesn't look right imo, too cluttered, and it seems like the G & A buttons would rotate very close to the first "points"
  6. badhabits

Magic Flea sound

I've had both, and currently own neither. The flea had some "shortcomings" as previously mentioned (fretboard, tuners) and sometimes I think about getting another one, with upgrades. But with all the bells and whistles it's hard to stomach spending $400-450+ on a partially plastic uke, esp...
  7. badhabits

Nut Width On The Ohana SK-30M

I doubt they vary that much, using stock materials, and it's a concert neck stuck on a soprano body so...Mims spec says 1-3/8", so closer to 35mm according to her. she has ohana sopranos at 1-5/16" so very slightly narrower. Btw that matches my experience with my ohana concerts and the one...
  8. badhabits

Nut Width On The Ohana SK-30M

how convenient that nut width is blank their specs page... you could email Ohana/Stephanie, you'll get a reply pretty quickly.
  9. badhabits

hahahaha... did the first word start with P and last word start with S, by chance? who knew that the term "square" was still in use? :)
  10. badhabits

disappointed in my new Kamaka HF-2 Concert Ukulele

Kamaka most certainly made some arrangement with a string supplier/mfg, but is there much prestige if nobody knows who they are (can't or don't advertise/publicize that fact)? I have a pack of Kamaka strings from the mid 70s that say "Dupont black nylon".
  11. badhabits

Longer answer, hell no. ;-)
  12. badhabits

Ohana TPK-25G Small Scale Sopranino

You could add long necks, 5 string, 8 string to your list as well... quite the range. I forget to mention, I am impressed that baz didn't flinch one bit when the 2 ukes knocked together towards the beginning...lol.
  13. badhabits

Street price about $225… I’d have a hard time spending that much on a “novelty uke”, esp when the bag or case is a separate item/cost.
  14. badhabits

I’ve got that uke, and have pretty much the same likes/dislikes…however, I have it strung with fluorocarbon strings and think is sounds fine in C tuning. I agree that it sounds WAY better than the O’nino (also with fluorocarbon strings), which sounded toy-like to me, no comparison really.
  15. badhabits

NUD: Martin 0XK concert

I doubt the "raw" HPL sheets are the size of the ukulele body. My guess is that a variety of patterns are possible, albeit with limited variety in the woodgrains.