Recent content by Barbablanca

1. Barbablanca

Season 505 - S-P-E-L-L-I-T-O-U-T

I thought I was done for this week, but after posting my other song I had the experience that led to me writing this one. We all like to think we've left our prejudices behind, but sometimes a tiny incident can remind you that the brainwashing process that started when you were still in nappies...
  2. Barbablanca

Season 505 - S-P-E-L-L-I-T-O-U-T

The first time I ever learned about this spelling out of lyrics was at a Christian Revivalist Meeting in Liverpool. My Mum was a bit of a seeker and gave it a try for one night before deciding it was not for us. At the time, I was five; I barely knew the alphabet back then, but I remember to...
  3. Barbablanca

Season #502 - Look What They've Done To My Song Ma!

Felicitats to the winners! Great week, Jim. PS Did I tell you my maternal Grandma was a Yates?
  4. Barbablanca

SEASON 504- Music as an empathetic friend

Well that's her off my Xmas Card list 😜😁
  5. Barbablanca

PS I would be surprised (indeed shocked) if Michelle Shocked really did write that note. I suspect she probably paid someone to look after her copyright issues and it is them who are sending out the threatening letters. They probably get paid for every issue they spot, so will not distinguish...
  6. Barbablanca

An original from me written especially for this season. It speaks for itself. Hope you enjoy: PS It's dedicated to one of my favourite Seasonistas.
  7. Barbablanca

SEASON 503 "SUPERMARKET SWEEP!!!"

You don't get many of these in supermarkets (though I did buy one once in Lidl) - but I hope this song fits the bill as things that we buy (and continue acquiring obsessively). This songs asks the age old question do I have....
  8. Barbablanca

I did try to get a whole song out of this one liner - but couldn't get it to go anywhere. "My girlfriend said she wanted me to take her down the aisle... so, I took her to Tesco's"
  9. Barbablanca

My first contribution this week involves two naughty ladies and a whole number of UK Chain stores (some on open display and some hidden within the song) - see how many you can count. Hope you enjoy this tale of PS An extra gold star if you can guess what area of the British Isles each...
  10. Barbablanca

Season 501 - Forever In Blue Jeans

Congrats Steve and everybody who participated. Great host, fine theme and a super week!
  11. Barbablanca

Great theme... I am consumered with enthusiasm for the bargain ideas the theme especially offers. 😉
  12. Barbablanca

One of my favorite parodies was written by my brother Rob, back in 1977. It was in response to all the people heading off to Memphis from all over the world to visit Elvis' grave. He wrote it to the tune of Kenny Rodger's massive hit. "Lucille" that was released the same year. P.S. I had to add...
  13. Barbablanca

This one is an adaptation I have made of Pete Seeger's "Turn, Turn, Turn!" Been busy this week so I haven't had chance to listen to much - will start to remedy that now. Be interesting to see if anyone else has chosen this one to morph. Hope you enjoy:
  14. Barbablanca

I thought I was done for the week, but the muse had other ideas. here's a song about the narrator's man crush on an older guy when the narrator was young; blue Jeans forming a vital part of the relationship. It also explains the origin of the word denim. Hope you enjoy:
  15. Barbablanca

Here's my original for this week. It was inspired by memories of my family's reaction to me wearing jeans. The name on the denim jacket that features as an "avatar" is that of my old rock band from the 1980s. I haven't actually got many photos of my hippy period, since I didn't even own an...