Recent content by Barbablanca

1. Barbablanca

Season 636 - One for sorrow...

Here is my third submission this week... a recent record! This one is again from FASWM '24. The idea here was to come up with a song based on the phrase "The Grand Finale" - this is what I came up with. It is submitted here as Boy vs Girl (or vice versa). Hope you like:
  2. Barbablanca

Here is my second submission for this week. It was inspired by a songwriting challenge in FAWM '24. Our brief was to take a line from a song that we particularly resonated with, or thought was insightful, and develop a song from that. One of my favourite Joni Mitchell verses, appears in her song...
  3. Barbablanca

Here's my first for this season. It was written for a "List Challenge" on FAWM this February. As it mentions and quotes from the rhyme that is the key to this season, I hope it qualifies. Like the narrator you'd have to be pretty superstitious to believe that a fairly common bird could be the...
  4. Barbablanca

SOTU 635: Castles

Ah, I didn't see the guy being catapulted away when I first commented. But what makes you think they had been drinking?
  5. Barbablanca

I don't get this one...
  6. Barbablanca

Here's my contribution for this week. Written a couple of years back during one of the FAWMs, in response to a similar prompt as this week's Season. I am so glad to have been able to finally record it as a video and post it to YouTube. Hope you like:
  7. Barbablanca

Season 634 - Love Your Larynx!

PS I have managed to edit the YouTube suggested subtitles on my submission this Season. If you need them, please turn them on at youtube. Couldn't figure out how to add my usual details about instrument, etc. But that info is here: Instrument Kala FMTE Tenor Ukulele Song written by me on the...
  8. Barbablanca

Season 634 - Love Your Larynx!

My PC has died. So I have just spent a frustrating morning learning all the steps necessary to upload a video from my camera to YouTube via my ancient I-pad! After a great deal of frustration, I finally managed. But the I-movie app nearly defeated me. So no subtitles till I can edit the video...
  9. Barbablanca

SOTU 633: Time is on my side (yes it is)

We've got Carmen's Mum in hospital this week, so I didn't think I would have time to post anything. But this morning, Carmen chose not to got visit, so I had time to do this video. It's a mini lesson in cosmology in song. It just HAD to be posted for this Season, didn't it? :cool:
  10. Barbablanca

SOTU 632 "I'LL SEE YOU IN MY DREAMS"

My contribution this week is a TWOFER, since you get two songs, one after the other, for the price of one visit! I wrote the rather apocalyptic song "First" at the beginning of February (2024) in response to a FAWM prompt of the same title. Then, towards the end of FAWM, another prompt...
  11. Barbablanca

Season 631: I Mist You

I didn't think I'd get time to do another one this week. But I was reviewing my FAWM songs from this year and realised this one is perfect for this season. It's a protest song about how long we have known about the climate crisis and how little the powers that be have chosen to do about it...
  12. Barbablanca

I have piled my contribution this week with all kinds of weather references. It's about a guy who has accepted his unfaithful wife back into his life (even though she robbed him blind) - but now is not sure it was a good idea. I hope you like it:
  13. Barbablanca

Forgive my Tardiness in Closing 630 - a lot has been happening. And, Jon, please forgive this interruption. Just a note to say my final thoughts on Season 630 have just been posted. Thanks to one and all who contributed! Back to Season 631 where we get to "Bless the Weather" - I really hope...
  14. Barbablanca

Season 630

Final Closing Thoughts on 630. Next time I agree to host, I must check to see if any birthday parties, friend's concerts and celebratory meet ups of the old gang to greet the spring are scheduled! Wendy brings us five more songs performed in the Magical Land of Oz with her tight backing band. I...
Top Bottom