Recent content by bellgamin

1. bellgamin

UkuleleCosmos forum

The Ukulele Cosmos forum has been "down for maintenance" for several days. I hope it's not permanently out of commission. Does anyone know why it has been down so long?
  2. bellgamin

Member titles

Each post has a "Like" click spot (with a Thumbs-Up icon next to it). I suppose Reaction score indicates how many times that folks here have punched your "Like" button. P.S. As for me, I always win the "Rodney Dangerfield Award" at every forum I join. I mean .... I get NO respect -- no respect...
  3. bellgamin

Member titles

@Jim Yates -- It means that you are a cool dude, Jim. Your posts are ALWAYS very very special.
  4. bellgamin

Request for an easier G9

You folks have waaay more music-smarts that me. I have learned from this thread. Much aloha to all. (BTW, my ear candy is delicious.)
  5. bellgamin

Request for an easier G9

@John Colter -- Is 2212 a G9 substitute? On UkeBuddy's chord namer, it comes out as F#m(add11), A6/9, B7sus2. If 2212 is a G9 sub, it might sound good re-entry but on linear, 0354 sounded great to a group of around 45. Well, yes, some of them were more than bit tipsy (after all, it was a...
  6. bellgamin

Request for an easier G9

@Jim Yates -- thanks for your arrangement info. I like it better than the one I found (can't remember where.) Here it is... (C)Does your mother know you're (C#dim7)out Ce (Dm7)ci (G9) lia. (Dm7) Does she (G7) know that (Dm7)I'm a (G+)bout to (C) steal ya (C/E) Oh my (Ebdim7) when I (Dm7) look...
  7. bellgamin

I need advice re: boosting my new ukulele's volume

I sent an email to Kanilea's email address per their website -- 5 days ago & no reply. I called the phone number listed on their website but got an answering machine that was too faint to hear by me or my daughter or granddaughter. Tried 2X -- same problem. Their website still has Covid caveats...
  8. bellgamin

Request for an easier G9

@John Colter & @Jim Yates -- Well, A is the 9th for G9, right? So any combination of BFGA will *approximate* the sound of a G9, right? The song my vocalist will is sing is an oldie named Cecilia. The guy will sing it in C. He affects having a bit of an Australian accent, with a slight lisp, so...
  9. bellgamin

@LorenFL - Louder for other listeners. As for a new saddle, I lack the tools & expertise (& courage) to change string height by that method. @ everyone who cares to offer advice -- If most of you consider shims are a bad idea, I will have my daughter take this uke to a shop on North Shore and...
  10. bellgamin

Request for an easier G9

Here's the only G9 chord I know: 2352 -- but I can't finger it. So I'm using 235x. However, I would appreciate knowing if there is a G9 using all 4 strings that is easier to finger. I would like to keep the G9 mostly in frets 1-5 because higher up won't be as melodic for the song & singer I am...
  11. bellgamin

NOTE: I intentionally posted this request in UU's uke talk forum. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I have a new Kanilea tenor uke that lacks volume. It uses bridge pins. Its nut & saddles are Tusq. Present string height at 12th fret is 2.55mm. Q1- Increasing string height will increase volume -- right...
  12. bellgamin

The loudest?

Thanks to all. Good advice all around!!! I bought a low-G all-acacia Opio vice one BUT with spruce + acacia B&S. My Opio has BIG cutting power!!! However, at C tuning it hurts my strumming finger a lot , if I play it a long while, even though that finger has hard calluses from years of...
  13. bellgamin

The loudest?

Two questions: 1-What are the loudest strings? 2-What is the loudest mid-price ($600 & less) tenor ukulele? I have amp equipment but I'm too lazy to set it all up for just a quick sing-along with neighbors on my front porch.
  14. bellgamin

A "guilele" is NOT a 6-string ukulele

Please share some the better brands and approximate price of a good quality requinto. I shall give it a buy & try. (Either I keep it or it becomes a Christmas gift to one of my several grandkids.)
  15. bellgamin

A "guilele" is NOT a 6-string ukulele

Kids on your lawn? I'd much prefer to have goats on my lawn -- they not only keep the lawn trimmed but they fertilize it as well. ===>Concerning bridge pins -- AFAIK, Kanilea is the only one of the Big Ks (Kamaka, Koaloha, Kanilea) that uses bridge pins. I wonder if there has ever been a test...
Top Bottom