besley's latest activity

• besley
    besley replied to the thread HPL ukuleles…..experiences?.
    Well I'm sure the solid top would project much better, but again at what cost to durability? As for the Flatlander, yes it does look...
    • IMG_3031-2.JPG
  • besley
    besley replied to the thread HPL ukuleles…..experiences?.
    I guess I don't quite understand the thinking behind getting an HPL back and sides, but a solid wood top. The top is what will crack if...
  • besley
    I would NOT take the Clara if you are not going to use a case. Yes the Ekoa body is tough, but remember the top is a foam sandwich that...
  • besley
    besley replied to the thread NUD: Klos 8-String Tenor.
    So how is the action at the 12th fret? My experience with Klos ukes is that they tend to underset the neck angle, meaning the only way...
  • besley
    besley replied to the thread Soprano forearm pain.
    Sounds like a good reason to try a strap, as most folks would not play a soprano having it resting on your knee. Maybe not forever, but...
  • besley
    besley replied to the thread KLOS or Clothes?.
    So which version did you order?
  • besley
    besley replied to the thread Klos 8-String Tenor.
    I got an email from them a couple of months ago highlighting that new uke. I like that it's the less expensive hybrid with a wood neck...
  • besley
    My original Klos has a dead flat neck, which I prefer. My second Klos (a full carbon) had WAY too much neck relief, which was part of...
  • besley
    I second the idea of trying a Fremont low G, but I rather doubt you are going to get it to fit without some tinkering with the slot...
  • besley
    Do let us know what you think of the Klos, as there has been a fair amount of experience with them on this board. I have one of the...
  • besley
    About 2 - though there was a 60 year gap until I took it up seriously.
    • Steve at 2.5 with uke - 2.jpg