Recent content by BIGDB

1. BIGDB

Pickup installation help needed

Hello everyone, I have a Kanilea tenor and I own a fishman matrix infinity. If you guys were in my position would you send your ukulele to hawaii(I'm in southern California) so Kanilea factory can work on it or would you take it to your local shop? Does anyone here know of any Southern...
  2. BIGDB

What's your favorite brand for a soprano

Hello everyone, I'm wondering what YOUR favorite brand for soprano ukuleles are. I know every ukulele is different and everyone has their personal favorites that's why I'm asking what your favorite brand is. I'm looking to buy one and wanna spend maybe $800-$1200 Thanks
  3. BIGDB

Any string recommendations?

Hello everyone, I have a Kanilea tenor and I'm just looking for any string recommendations. I have tried Hilos, and d'addarios but wanna try some other ones. So if anyone could please share their favorite set of strings or just what they think would be good I would greatly appreciate it Thanks
  4. BIGDB

If you could have a "free pass" on a song what song would you choose?

Hello everyone, what I mean by free pass is if you could know 1 song perfectly without having to learn anything or practice it what song would you choose?
  5. BIGDB

Biggest ukulele obstacle you've over come?

Hello everyone, I just finished learning jake shimabukuros bach song and that's been one of the hardest songs I've ever learned. So I was wondering what everyone's biggest ukulele obstacle they've over come or working on now
  6. BIGDB

Am I the only one that doesn't like all the ukulele "spin offs"?

Hello everyone, just wondering if Im the only one who doesn't like the spin offs of the ukulele. I personally think the ukulele has a hard enough time of being taken seriously and I think the ukulele basses, guitars, etc make it worse. Does anyone else think that? I just think the ukulele is...
  7. BIGDB

Hardest ukulele instrumental to play?

Hello, wanted to see what everyone here thought was the most difficult instrumental ukulele song is to play or if you cant play it looks the most challenging. I know there are many out there but which one do you think takes the most skill?
  8. BIGDB

Hilo strings

Hello, I wanted to know everyone's opinion on Hilo strings. I'm looking at the black high G ones in particular. I'm asking because i haven't heard to much about them compared to worth strings, d'addario and a few others. The only player I've seen use them is James hill and I like how they sound...
  9. BIGDB

Favorite player to watch?

Hello everyone, I was just watching a video of kalei gamiao and I thought he has a real distinct way of playing not in just sound but the way he strums. So I'm wondering if anyone else has a favorite player to watch play? Mine would have to be James hill and kalei gamiao their right hand...
  10. BIGDB

If you could get a private lesson from one person who would it be?

I was thinking earlier how cool it would be to get a lesson from a experienced/professional player so I was wondering who the one player you would choose to give you one private lesson Mine would be James hill
  11. BIGDB

Question and help about guitar to ukulele chords

So I've been messing around trying to figure out guitar to ukulele chords but when ever I'd play an A on guitar it didn't sound like an A on the ukulele but the A chord on the ukulele always sounded like an E on the Ukulele A B C D E F G...
  12. BIGDB

If you HAD to only have one uke which one would it be?

I'm wonder if you HAD to only have one of your however many ukes you have which one would it be? I added up all the different brands and so far koaloha is in first. Koaloha x8 Kamaka x6 Moore Bettah x3 Mya moe x3 Mainland x2 Compass rose x2 Boat paddle x2 Aloha Ashbury Beaver creek Fluke...
  13. BIGDB

hurdy gurdy

Wanted to share this instrument my uncle just showed me http://youtu.be/kjyAA-kRZaw sounds like a bagpipe to me not sure how it works but I like how it sounds. All I know is it hits all strings at once so it is very similar to a bagpipe where it blows out of all the pipes at once
  14. BIGDB

SO CAL Sarah maisel workshop

Wanted to tell everyone here that at daves island instruments there is a workshop with Sarah maisel. Not quite sure if I can go but still wanted to post it here. It's only $5! If your near you and have Friday free you should definitely go down there. It's a great store too the people are very...
  15. BIGDB

Louis Armstrong - What a Wonderful World (instrumental)

hello, this is a instrumental arrangement I finished a few days ago. Louis armstrongs what a wonderful world. if you think theres something I can improve on please tell me im really new to doing my own stuff so its pretty rough, but its still fun to do it...