Recent content by Black_ukulele

1. Black_ukulele

Season 517: Wind

ok really shoehorning it into the theme here, but all the other wind songs I thought of had been done! This is Catch My Disease by Ben Lee, which hopefully qualifies as it includes the lyric "she told me about the winds from Santa Ana". Enjoy!
  2. Black_ukulele

SOTU 516 "TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT ..."

well who doesn't want a million dollars???
  3. Black_ukulele

SOTU 516 "TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT ..."

Thanks Lil for this topic - SO much scope!! My first unattainable desire is a trip somewhere where I can sip cocktails by the pool. If you look through my Youtube channel you will find another version of this which I recorded a few years back, actually IN Barbados! The rules wouldn't let me...
  4. Black_ukulele

Season 515 - ‘Change’

I had great plans to record this a week ago but kept procrastinating so I ended up doing it at band rehearsal today, which was a pretty good idea as it turns out! You get a collaboration instead of just little ol' me :-)
  5. Black_ukulele

Season 505 - S-P-E-L-L-I-T-O-U-T

Yes I know that numbers aren't letters....but it's spelling-adjacent so I think I can sneak it in :)
  6. Black_ukulele

SEASON 504- Music as an empathetic friend

well it didn't take me long at all to do the positive one! Such a classic song...you're welcome :)
  7. Black_ukulele

SEASON 504- Music as an empathetic friend

Here's a cover of a heart-rending song about domestic violence, Voices Carry. Hopefully I will have time today to post something else at the opposite end of the spectrum which is a little more upbeat!
  8. Black_ukulele

SEASON 503 "SUPERMARKET SWEEP!!!"

Here you go - a cover of one of my favourite Crowded House songs, "Pineapple Head". Don't ask me what the lyrics mean because I have NO idea. Sorry about the poor audio sync everyone - I tried using a new video editor and I clearly haven't mastered it yet :(
  9. Black_ukulele

Season #502 - Look What They've Done To My Song Ma!

here's a late entry. I set the lyrics of a delightful slug-related poem to Bob Dylan's Blowin' In The Wind, because they just seemed to fit.
  10. Black_ukulele

Season 501 - Forever In Blue Jeans

gotta remember when you wore your old blue jeans...
  11. Black_ukulele

Season... ONLY 499! Limited time offer!

Here you go - I think this one fits.
  12. Black_ukulele

Season 498: We Will Mend It

here we go...possibly a stretch to fit this with the theme but there is a mention of a hole in the roof so I think I can squeeze it in here ;-)
Top Bottom