Recent content by Blank Williams

1. Blank Williams

Vintage Kamaka question…

Thanks, the Aquilas instantly brought it to the sound I wanted. Very happy with it now.
  2. Blank Williams

Vintage Kamaka question…

Made a quick video it anyone is interested!
  3. Blank Williams

Vintage Kamaka question…

Just put some spare Aquilas that I forgot I had on it. Much better! Still has a ton a volume but it “fattened” it up a bit and took away some of the harshness. I should have known, I really like Aquila strings on most (not all) of my ukes.
  4. Blank Williams

Vintage Kamaka question…

I have worth browns on there now. I was thinking about giving the Kamaka strings another chance. I love it, but it sounds like a KoAloha to me and I’d rather have a more warm “island” sound.
  5. Blank Williams

Vintage Kamaka question…

Kkimura I’ll look into those as well. I’ve never heard of them but I’m all for suggestions.
  6. Blank Williams

Vintage Kamaka question…

Merlin, do you think the tension of Aquilas would be ok on a thin-topped vintage uke?
  7. Blank Williams

Vintage Kamaka question…

I still haven’t tried Oasis strings, I’ll look into them!
  8. Blank Williams

Vintage Kamaka question…

So I have a lovely vintage Kamaka soprano, (probably from the late 70’s) that I love but…it’s almost banjo-bright and loud! What are some strings types that are good for taming brightness? I think it had the original black nylons when I got it but they were very dull sounding to me. It’s...
  9. Blank Williams

What is the point of plastic ukes?

While I personally don’t see the need for a waterproof ukulele I suppose some might…the flight travel ukes are pretty great. I have both the soprano and concert version and I think they sound really good, especially for being mostly plastic. I’ve never tried the enya nova but people seem to like...
  10. Blank Williams

WTB - Kiwaya KTS-7

Yeah it’s crazy expensive to do it that way!
  11. Blank Williams

KoAloha's New Tuners

I noticed this too and I gotta admit that I’m disappointed. I love the look of friction pegs and I always thought KoAloha used excellent ones, hope this doesn’t stick.
  12. Blank Williams

Slotted Bridge...Wound String

I’ve done it. I don’t think it should be a problem. To be honest I never considered that it could hurt a slot bridge.
  13. Blank Williams

WTB - Kiwaya KTS-7

I don’t blame you! Thanks, I’d rather find a used one, I’ll wait and see.
  14. Blank Williams

WTB - Kiwaya KTS-7

Yeah, I know it’s a long shot, but I figured it couldn’t hurt to put it out there.
  15. Blank Williams

WTB - Kiwaya KTS-7

Hey, anyone have a Kiwaya KTS-7 they’re looking to sell? Been looking everywhere and can’t seem to find one for sale in the US. Let me know if you have one! Thanks.