Recent content by BobSapey

1. B

Ordered another Bruce Wei Arts custom bass uke.

I think the u-bass I'd like is an acoustic that is loud enough to play without an amp - it's probably called a cello.
  2. B

Seeking any advise or experiences with these ukulele bass purchase options - Kala KA-UBASS-FS or Kala Rumbler or aNueNue Koa Fretless

I have 2 Kalas, a mahogany acoustic and a California, both fretless with Pahoehoe strings. I love them both and can't imagine finding anything better.
  3. B

Ordered another Bruce Wei Arts custom bass uke.

Looks nice. I'm often tempted by other basses, but I don't feel skilled enough to swap about a lot. My two are both exactly the same scale and both fretless, so moving from one to the other is easy :)
  4. B

Hi

Well that's a fine collection. This is my newest, a Kala California which I am quite likely to use all the time. This is me with my Kala Mahogany by the North Pier in Blackpool. Its a great bass and is fretless like the California. Both these have the same scale length. This one I made...
  5. B

Hi

Hi I'm Bob, I'm joining this group for the u-bass discussion. I have 2 ubasses, a Kala mahogany that I bought in 2013 and a Kala California I bought in 2019. I have pahoehoe strings on both. I play with a community group in Garstang, Lancashire, UK, and with a 3 piece ukulele punk band call...