Recent content by BrianMahoney

1. B

Baritone fretboard

Never managed that myself for a baritone, good luck with the search, and build. Used to buy pre slotted from lmi but eventually brought a template and make my own. You can get the fretwire from stumac. Fretting is a skill worth learning, results are normally better than the eBay pre fretted...
  2. B

Baritone String recommendation

I recently completed a tenor and used a mixed set of strings, Thomastik-infeld wound for the G and C, and alliance saverez for E and A. Any recommendations for something similar for a baritone? Thanks
  3. B

archtoppery

If you are not already watching this then you probably should be. https://youtu.be/snzCzLhr4vg
  4. B

Jet 16-32 Conveyor belts UK

Here's the other format I see.
  5. B

What's happening in your shed?

French polishing a couple of concert ukuleles
  6. B

Waterslide tranfers

I'm thinking of experimenting with creating some waterslide decals with an inkjet printer to use on headstocks. Does anyone have any experience they can share? Thanks Brian
  7. B

Rosewood[ tenor after first epoxy grai from fill.
  8. B

Planed .5mm off the soundboard of my smd concert kit. Now 1.6 mm thick. Sharpening the plane blade made a huge difference to this, I can see my sharpening skills are going to increase. Brian
  9. B

Bandsaw recommendation (UK)

After building a kit or two I seem to have a need to build more ukuleles. I'm collecting some wood and have sourced a bending iron and was thinking a bench top band saw would be a worthwhile addition to my work room. Space limitations limit me to bench top size. My budget is up to £200 though...
  10. B

Been teaching myself to apply a shellac finish.