Recent content by CeeJay

1. CeeJay

Season 562 - Poetry in Song

The Raven for SoTu 562 Alan Parsons Version. On the Alan Parsons Project Tales of Mystery and Imagination album, inspired by the same titled volume of work penned by Edgar Allen Poe. Arranged and adapted for solo baritone guilele.......from a gihyuge orchestra ,choir and mega band ...
  2. CeeJay

This began as a Shel Silverstein poem
  3. CeeJay

Luna Tribal 6 Baritone and Generation C tin whistle (not filmed) Here bygynneth the Book of the tales of Caunterbury Am Whan that Aprille with his shoures soote, G The droghte of March hath perced to the roote, Am And bathed every veyne in swich licóur Dm...
  4. CeeJay

For SotU 562 Poetry In Song: I remembered hearing this back in the 70s on the "Nobody's Fools" album and it has stuck me with ever since. Slade had a wider range than their singles would suggest and I always thought this was a fun and witty way to look at nursery rhymes and sometimes think about...
  5. CeeJay

SOTU 561 "MORAL TURPITUDE"

Long Lankin Steeleye Spans version , but rocked it up a little. As I live in the environs of the SS I'll probably get a horse's head if they ever see this !! It is also a little long but then so is the original. These folky balladshave a way of becoming mini sagas ....
  6. CeeJay

SOTU 554 "Swayin' to the tempo of a squeezebox melody" Songs About Instruments

: I couldn't help but think of this /\ /\ And I play one !!!!!!
  7. CeeJay

SOTU 554 "Swayin' to the tempo of a squeezebox melody" Songs About Instruments

Looking above I see that we have two of the anti social instruments one after the other....just need a banjer and we got the full set..... Squeeze Box~ The Who
  8. CeeJay

Is two finger picking (like a bass) bad technique?

/\ This. /\ A newbee banjo player once approached another older , more experienced banjo player and said, "is it okay if I play the banjo in this way" (demonstrating his chops) . The other banjer player said, "Kid, its your banjo, play it anyway you damned well like".
  9. CeeJay

SOTU 553 International Day Calendar

One for Rivers Day . Michael Row The Boat Ashore.
  10. CeeJay

I think that Johnny Depp's Jack Sparrow has broken the mould a little, even if I did let my Newton ooo arrr shine through LOL. (I can't do Keef)
  11. CeeJay

Had to do a "Talk Like A Pirate" one.........What bothers me is the length of time it took AFTER I had done the video to remove the costume. Sheesh. I may run away to sea. My version of the Sailors' Hornpipe.
  12. CeeJay

I mourn the loss of the art of calligraphy , poster writing (and ) drawing , fountain pens and all that the computer has taken.
  13. CeeJay

Dick Van Dyke performed this in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, thus earning the needed readies to purchase the car. He sang and danced his way, I grunted and sat my way through it......Watched the film again recently,the songs are still fab,the film a little lackuing from childhood memory....I have...