Recent content by chrimess

1. C

FS: Rare Kala Fretless U-Bass Solid Spruce Top/Laminated Mahagony Back&Sides

To all, hope everyone is well! As part of my continued Corona Cash effort, I am putting up for sale my Rare Kala Fretless U-Bass Solid Spruce Top/Laminated Mahagony Back&Sides. Bought it new from Mim and have kept it humidified in smoke free home as only owner. Comes with original softcase...
  2. C

FS: 2014 Lanikai Soprano Banjolele 150USD shipped CONUS

Selling my 2014 Lanikai Soprano Banjolele for 150USD shipped CONUS. It is in excellent condition and I have been the sole owner. Time for some more Corona Cash... Thanks for looking. It plays solid and sounds snappy with volume that belies its small size- intonation is good but it no...
  3. C

FS: 2013 KoAloha Tenor Scepter Seven Point

FS:REDUCED 2013 KoAloha Tenor Scepter Seven Point PRICE REDUCED To all, for sale here my 2013 KoAloha Tenor Scepter Seven Point. I am the only owner, smoke-free house, humidified Koolau hardshell case. I bought this from pops in July 2013. Currently strung with Worth CF, have KoAloha strings...
  4. C

Brueko Spruce/Jacaranda Longneck FS

Hey Guys, putting my Brueko Spruce/Jacaranda Longneck arch back soprano for sale at 270USD plus actual shipping (no more than 35USD to the lower 48). Selected and collected it in person from Hubert Pfeiffers workshop. In execllent-Mint condition (I cannot detect a flaw)- pictures here...
  5. C

Original Invite Message to the Six Seasons

Damn, how time flies whether or not you are having fun... Just checked my outbox and found the invite message to a select few ukers more than 8 years ago- amazing how you guys kept it going: To all, you are receiving this first because you are fabulous and esteemed members of the UU community...
  6. C

FS: Koaloha Superconcert 2011 factory second with Oahu hardcase

I am selling my Koaloha Superconcert 2011 factory second with Oahu hardcase to fund my dream uke, a 7 point Sceptre. I honestly still try and find the flaw that made it a second. Koaloha still grant their full warranty on them. It has been carefully cared for in a smoke free home and been under...
  7. C

Current thoughts on the Sceptre

guess what, there is a 7 prong version, now, may be we need a new poll...
  8. C

How far does "Buyer Beware" reach- should Ebay interfere?

Hi all, on Ebay, the following listing repeatedly advertises a "Koa" uke by Koalana, those in the know or with keen eyes will certainly know better (sapele)- should Ebay react to my reporting the item or should the seller correct the listing based on my repeated requests to make it right or...
  9. C

'Not unhappy'- original

Just recorded and conserved ideas and would love to know what you think...
  10. C

another edition of the uke magazine by AcGuitar...

http://ukuleleunlimited.com/
  11. C

Season 52: and now for something completely different...

... this week's theme is dedicated to METALLICA. Make a new video of nearly any METALLICA song, original or covered by them. I understand this is a little off the beaten path and I am sure you are all going to make sure we can carry the seasons safely into Year 2. There is a surprisingly great...
  12. C

Metallica for Ukulele-great fingerstyle training...

...Came across this recent Hal leonard release and while I thought "cash-in" first, this really is a decent compilation and a great collection of fingerstyle etudes even if you don't like their music- what do you guys think?
  13. C

WTB: Ukes wrecked during the 37th season of the uke...

...post your offers, here, pls, maybe we can get a little class-action suit going against Tina+Tim.
  14. C

Please advise on solid-body neck joint options

Thanks to Rick and John, I have attached a picture of the parts.
  15. C

Please advise on solid-body neck joint options

Hi there, I would like to ask for help and advice. I am building a solidbody(one piece-padauk- figure eight no cutaway) electric tenor. I have a standard acoustic tenor neck with heel that is made for a 14 fret joint. I am afraid that a dovetail or mortise/tenon joint would require me to...