clear's latest activity

• C
    clear replied to the thread Thinking of thinning the herd.
    Sell the least played ones. Or, if you play all of them equally, advertise them all. Take the ad down once you've sold the desired number.
  • C
    clear replied to the thread Chord shape using extra strings.
    When you play 200232, the lowest note is a B (assuming ADGCEA). When you play xx0232, the lowest note is a G, which is the root...
  • C
    You have to use street prices instead of MSRP. I just went to Kala site and got these prices: Kala 1KAO-C = $850 Kala 1KAO-T = $900...
    • hawaiian_concert.JPG
    • hawaiian_tenor.JPG
    • kala.JPG
  • C
    clear replied to the thread Being alone in your 50s?.
    The older I get, the more I understand that what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another when it comes to life styles...
  • C
    Make sure it is totally dry before you turn it on; just let it dry for a week. Remove as much covering as you can to help the drying...
  • C
    Nice! Congrats! Is there a flat spot on Kala's neck? (you mentioned D shape). I kind of remember a thick C shape; but I've never owned...
  • C
    clear replied to the thread "Having" vs. "Wanting"....
    I used to have HMS (and others) bookmarked and surf there often. Now, I have no desire to shop for ukes. When the desire to buy is gone...
  • C
    When the dream goes away, you'll actually feel much happier. I have absolutely no UAS after finding the uke that I love.
  • C
    Experience this effect? Yes, mainly because I ordered ukes that I've never played on and have the wrong mental picture of the ukes. If...
  • C
    clear replied to the thread Ukulele Instruction.
    But Jerry already knows... if you are in his shoes, would you want to waste time and be a guinea pig?
  • C
    clear replied to the thread Lava Music Lava U Concert Ukulele.
    I read up a bit more and realized that these Lava ukes don't work with regular straps as they have proprietary connections. Yes, I...
  • C
    clear replied to the thread Seated Playing.
    Lots of folks use a foot rest (or just books). It's a tried and true method of orienting the legs to support the guitar. However, in...
  • C
    clear replied to the thread Ukulele Instruction.
    I agree with you that if you already know he's no good at teaching, you might as well stay home. You can get more uke time at home.
  • C
    It's nice to see products improve! These days, it seems every manufacturer is racing to the bottom in actual quality just because of the...
  • C
    clear replied to the thread Lava Music Lava U Concert Ukulele.
    It might be a pricing mistake. These mistakes go both ways, but people tend not to complain when it is in their favor...