Recent content by Contrails

1. C

New bed for my uke to lie in

My Koaloha tenor has a new home to lie in now. Just receive this and some other goodies this week. Love the red stitching against the black case. Uke fits nicely. The keychains have lights too. Too cool.
  2. C

Would Classical guitar strings work on a tenor?

Wow thanks that’s great. Opens up a lot more choices of strings for me. Really appreciate it.
  3. C

Would Classical guitar strings work on a tenor?

Hi guys, I am just wondering if a light tension classical guitar string(1st 4 strings) work on a tenor uke. Anyone tried it before? I am not looking for the tension of a tenor ukulele but more of something like a soprano scale tension on a tenor. I want something with less tension. Hoping to...
  4. C

NUD KoAloha yay!

Congratulations. Very happy to hear that everything ended up well for you! The Koaloha guys are wonderful people.
  5. C

NUD: EJ Henderson, Red Spruce and Maple Tenor

Congrats. Looks stunning. The back looks like ripples of gold water! How amazing is that! I have to admit I have never heard of her but I ended up listening to the whole podcast and checking her Facebook page.
  6. C

NUD Disappointment

I hope you managed to get rid of the coffee smell. It can linger for a long time. Or maybe it’s now the most aromatic silver ukulele ever! Was it a protest from you trying to feed your 4 year old coffee? Lol. In any case now it has a great story for you to tell when you show it off to others.
  7. C

NUD Disappointment

I have been following quite a few websites as I was looking for a Silver tenor that I would like. And when I stumbled on this thread I knew it was fm this particular store as no one else had any pineapples left. I too have purchased fm them before. In terms of aesthetics the uke I bought did not...
  8. C

NUD Disappointment

This uke is back online. https://store.ukelikethepros.com/collections/koaloha-silver-anniversary There is also a red label numbered as #11 but in brackets it states that there are only 10 made. That’s puzzling. Anyone know how many red labels were actually made? What’s even more puzzling to me...
  9. C

[CLOSED/FOUND] Seeking Romero Baritone 6-string nylon

I have one of this and it’s really nice. Sounds great. You’ll love it. Some people who have played both says that the Dho version has deeper base notes. I think you might be able to get the steel string version and put nylon strings on them. They are almost the same, just that the bridge on the...
  10. C

The Sceptre is back!

Hi everyone, I just saw a video from SUS. Looks like the sceptre is back! The bridge is absolutely gorgeous. I love the layered headstock too. They sound really bright! https://youtu.be/izWFi0L4kdQ Unfortunately I don’t think I can afford them! So I will just look from afar.
  11. C

Anuenue S10 Bird vs Cordoba mini

Hi, I am looking for another 20 in scale guitar. There are quite some reviews on the Cordoba mini but I can’t seem to find much info on the Anuenue S10 online. Just wondering if anyone here owns one or has played it before. I am looking for a comparison between the 2 before I buy. Here’s the...
  12. C

Romero Creations Grand Tenor vs Signature Replica

Hi everyone, I am looking for a tenor and can’t decide between the 2. Anyone here own both or has played both before? I know the grand tenor has a bigger body and so would most likely have a better Low range. It joints the body at the 14th fret while the replica on the 12th fret. I have watched...
  13. C

Recommendation for thicker Flourocarbon strings

Hi everyone, I am looking for recommendation on any fluorocarbon strings that are thicker. My limited knowledge on strings have always thought that they are very similar in diameter. I only have experience with the worth mediums and living water strings. Mainly because I have no access to many...
  14. C

NUD or NGD : Romero Creations Baritone 6

Hi everyone, Here to share my joy of getting my hand on this. After owning a few Tenors, concerts and sopranos I decided that I wanted to get a baritone for a fuller sound and have it tuned A to A. As I already have a couple of guitars and mini guitars tuned E to E, my aim was to find one tuned...
  15. C

KoAloha Tenor New vs Old

Hi guys, I tried looking around for this information but can’t seem to find it. So hoping some here might know this. Is the scale length on the new tenors the same as the old ones since they no longer join the body at the same fret(15 vs 14). If they are not is the scale on the new ones...