Recent content by cornfedgroove

1. cornfedgroove

Mainland Red Cedar Soprano B-Stock

I got this a month or so ago....I really like it, but I think I maybe overdid myself on the UAS. This is b-stock because of minor blemishes. The real blemish is the nick in the soundboard just south of the fretboard as in the picture. This uke is solid, and wholly intact. She is a player...
  2. cornfedgroove

New Islanders

seen these in the namm vids...when they gonna hit the market???
  3. cornfedgroove

GUITAR: Breedlove AD25 SR plus

made "guitar" real big for all you people looking for ukuleles lol. I have a very nice, but used with normal wear and tear breedlove acoustic to sell. I can offer pictures if anyone's interested. It's an older model with the pickup that does not include a built-in tuner. It also sounds...
  4. cornfedgroove

Mi-Si verse Fishman...maybe even a little K&K

what's everyone's experience? I've had a Mi-Si and over course loved it...sounded good and weighed nothing. havent had experience with anything other than your basic shadow pickup...
  5. cornfedgroove

Eleuke electrical issues

hey...I'm sure this has been covered. I got one a while back of ebay and hadnt really plugged it in for a while (kinda dumb, ya). It's in and out when jacked in...is there a quick fix for this? what's typically the problem...bad soldering? work for a luthier or what? thanks...its a great...
  6. cornfedgroove

veneer over solid wood

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIM-Kala-Soprano-Solid-Cedar-Top-Koa-KA-KSG-CT-Ukulele-Uke-Setup-w-Case-59-/180756928238?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a15f3d6ee over something like this...cedar top, mahogany back and sides with koa veneer. how does this effect the sound? will it still sound like a...
  7. cornfedgroove

Kanilea Islander Soprano with a little Mainland comparison

Got this in the mail today... She is a real beauty, just like in the picures. The tortoise accents and rosette along with the string pins make this one hot mamma. She's an all mahogany uke, came equipped with standard aquilas, pre-stretched and ready to rock. The action is a little high which...
  8. cornfedgroove

Mainland Red Cedar Soprano

I picked up one of these little beauties from the blemished pile...we wont discuss the blemish because nobody cares about it, but the ukulele looks awesome. A few years ago was completely of the Tenor mindset and was anti-rope binding...it is interesting how things change. This little...
  9. cornfedgroove

kanaloa

dont know anything about them? who's got experience and opinions? all solid or laminate? well made? blah blah blah
  10. cornfedgroove

WTB UBASS- acoustic preferred

pretty self explanatory.
  11. cornfedgroove

Eleuke Pedal board

I havent gotten my eleuke yet, but its a solid body... I was gonna set it up for a pedal board, but trying to get some experienced opinions on this. I was really thinking of an acoustic rig like the fishman aura spectrum or something, but I'm not sure that would be an appropriate match for a...
  12. cornfedgroove

WTB Eleuke Koa SLT

I wanna buy one of these...tenor cant find one anywhere. checked ebay, and all the "where to buy"s off eleukeusa...got nothing so far
  13. cornfedgroove

Absolutely Speechless...

I had posted maybe a week ago about what a difficult year its been...and it really has been difficult. I went deaf in one ear earlier this year, then later I lost wife, family, house, job, and had to sell all my instruments minus one guitar. Alas, that's just a recap and not at all what this...
  14. cornfedgroove

Uke Withdrawl

I aint been on in a while, but thought I'd drop a note to let you know that I havent forgotten about this place, nor have I lost my love for the uke. I went through an incredibly painful divorce, and had to sell nearly all my instruments. I aint had a uke in about six months...it sucks. With...
  15. cornfedgroove

TD Tenor Ukulele <SOLD>

I dont have a digital camera right now...so I cant post it like would be normal. I havent been on the site in a long time due to tremendous personal strain. Those at UWC can verify that I do indeed have this ukulele. This thing is very nice, complete with Mi-Si pickup, case and humidifier...