Recent content by Pixiegod

1. Pixiegod

Tarrega Lagrima, sheet music and TAB for Baritone (also works on Low G)

Hi, I also just found this. Someone recently posted a vid in this forum of this nice piece with a steel guitar. So I thought I'd give it a shot and see if someone posted some uke tabe of it here. And I found your nice tabs. Thanks for it, greatly appreciated!
  2. Pixiegod

Tabs/Chords UkeFever updated

Thanks again so much for your work, this is great!
  3. Pixiegod

Finally….a ukulele Lego set!

Nanoblock has had a uke in their catalog for quite a while, along with a lei (lei stand not included :):
  4. Pixiegod

Comparing Sopranos--Bruko vs Mainland

Never had or played a Mainland, but I have a Brüko No. 6. It is a well-built, solid instrument, and as someone said, it is made by a family business in Germany. For a solid wood uke, it is really a bargain (at least if you live in Europe like me), I believe there are no solid instruments...
  5. Pixiegod

Not Many High-End Sopranos?

My observation is, and I think I read some polls about this too, is that the most popular size is the tenor. Strangely enough, the majority of professional players also seem to favor this size. There might be a connection between the two facts, i.e. consumers look at what the pro's use and...
  6. Pixiegod

C.F. Martin & Co. in Pennsylvania, established nearly 200 years ago, is adjusting to a changing economy

I don't know what a CBD is. First search results (after the ads) were Cannabidiol (a psychoactive molecue in the weed plant) and Carribean Development Bank. Don't think the poster meant either, not sure he wants others to know what he means?
  7. Pixiegod

Leave strap on or attach each time

While the screw of LOXX pins is a bit larger, the pin sticking out is actually a bit smaller. I could not find good pictures on the net that show the size properly, so I just took some from my KTS-7 (soprano size), without the strap on and with. If you are not familiar with the LOXX system, you...
  8. Pixiegod

Leave strap on or attach each time

I would second the notion to look out for metal parts on the strap, those might scratch the wood in the case. Also, often removing the strap from the buttons/pins might wear the button holes, which might lead to unfortunate accidents. A remedy would be the use of LOXX pins. They are secure, and...
  9. Pixiegod

Ukulele classical suite

Good to hear, looking forward to the tabs! Thanks for trying out my tabs and your kind words about it!
  10. Pixiegod

Tabs/Chords Tabs John Dowland: Unquiet Thoughts

Thanks for looking at the tabs and for your in-depth feedback, which certainly gives me a lot to chew on. It certainly gives me a lot to chew on! While I am somewhat familiar with the music theory of Phrygian etc, I have never applied it to arrangements. As I mentioned somewhere, it was my first...
  11. Pixiegod

Thanks for trying out the tabs, glad you like it!
  12. Pixiegod

Ah now I know what you mean, patty! Yes indeed, those notes are not part of the melody, perhaps I incorrectly called them pick-up notes (with English not being my first language) -- at any rate, by pick-up notes, I did not mean the notes in an "incomplete" first bar of a piece, but rather filler...
  13. Pixiegod

Thanks for your thoughts, Patty! I am aware of the pick-up option in Musescore, but I am afraid I don't understand how that applies here. You see, when I did the arrangement, I used a "modernized" version of the score (John Dowland, "Fifty Songs For Low, Voice Book 1", Stainer & Bell) as my...
  14. Pixiegod

Maybe, but not in the near future. The last arrangements were visualisations of YT tutorials for my private use, nothing more other than that, but who knows, with time permitting and the right project, there might be more stuff some time in the future.
  15. Pixiegod

Ukulele classical suite

Hi Simen, I would volunteer help working on putting the suite in Musescore. Been dabbling a bit with Musescore (and also published a piece by Dowland here which I adapted for uke, check out https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/threads/tabs-john-dowland-unquiet-thoughts.147288/ ). So I could type...
Top Bottom