Recent content by ddanner

1. ddanner

SOTU 550 (!!!) "IT'S ONLY A MOVIE, INGRID!"

The 1974 movie, "Buster and Billie" wasn't a big block buster by any means, and has become a bit of cult classic amongst those that saw and remember it. Lost for several years, it was recently found and reissued on Blu-Ray. Hoyt Axton wrote and performed the theme song for the movie, and did a...
  2. ddanner

SOTU 349: HALLOWEEN SONGS - ddanner

Sotu played here flag graphic SOTU 349 "HALLOWEEN SONGS" AWARD BANNER GRAPHIC by BEVOMU: Click on the thumbnail to view the full-sized image.
  3. ddanner

And the nominees for sotu #349 are: Using a highly sophisticated technique of combining personal preferences and dice rolling, I have come up with the following lists of NOMINEES for the three prize categories: I. For Favorite Newly Written Halloween or Fall Festival Song (In no particular...
  4. ddanner

WELCOME TO SEASON 349: HALLOWEEN SONGS Please bring any covers or originals that you feel would make a good song to perform at a Halloween Party, and be sure to tell us who you have in mind as a target audience for each song. (e.g. children, mature adult, senior center, etc.) All of your...
  5. ddanner

Season 266: Foreign Language

WHOO HOO! Guess what arrived in yesterday's mail? I am thrilled, Sara and thanks so much again for your wonderful Season. I wasn't sure which ukulele I would put it on, but my mahogany bari "demanded" it because it complimented its rich brown colors so nicely! Can't argue with your...
  6. ddanner

Season 230: Singer songwriters 1, 2, 3

SOTU 230 INTRODUCTION ANNOUNCEMENT: My three favorite singer songwriters all have their roots in the folk songs and ballads of the 60's. To help me celebrate this week of my birthday, I would be thrilled to hear as many Seasonista versions of their songs as possible as long as your attention...
  7. ddanner

Season 218: Wildlife songs

Are you on the participants list? Looks like the SOTU 218 Party is drawing to an end, and I need to get ready to draw some names out of one of my hats in less than 2 days! Excluding my 2 videos and 1 that was deleted by its submitter, I believe there have so far been 74 videos brought to the...
  8. ddanner

Well, it ain't a rat, but close enough! Are you familiar with the Southeast Ukers group? Love their logo, and your Krabbers Kover! Now I'm wondering why no one has brought "Dead Skunk" to the party? Hmmm, not a good fit for Option 1, but certainly should fit 2 or 3! Thanks Mark, for...
  9. ddanner

Thanks Mark! I did it first as what is called a cold-cast bronze, then switched to painting them:
  10. ddanner

This being the first time I have hosted a Season, I would like to make this an opportunity to introduce myself, and to learn a bit more about each of you. I am now retired and trying hard to learn the “Aloha Spirit” of the ukulele, but most of my life has centered around wildlife. I have had...
  11. ddanner

SOTUDesigns Tshirts

Thanks for such a quick reply Lynda. Here it is with the text I've added for the campsite flag I want to have made. I've also sent a PM to lelouden regarding how to get this onto a t-shirt or coffee mug, etc. through the Zazzle SOTU store she has set up. Check it out, and what do you think?
  12. ddanner

UWC#6 June 6th-7th 2014

That would be great! I may be travelin' down your way over the next few months or two. Maybe we can get together with it then. I'd love to hear what you had in mind on the harp.
  13. ddanner

UWC#6 June 6th-7th 2014

UWC 6 (my 2nd) - What a fantastic experience! Now I know that UWC 5 (my 1st) was not just a dream. Can't wait until UWC 7. Thanks so much to Mike and Tookta and all the rest of you for creating something so special and unique to the ukulele world community.
  14. ddanner

All Ohio, and anyone else who wants to come!

Looks like a great location with a lot of opportunities beyond uke strummin' Thanks for creating the event on Facebook and the invite. Can't be 100% certain yet, but it looks like calendar will permit and I (or we) will be there. Any chance that the response may be greater than the facilities...
  15. ddanner

Scrolling Song/Chord sheet PDF files on an Ipod, Iphone, or Ipad

I've converted a lot of songsheets to pdf file format so that I can easily view them from our Ipad or Ipod and am enjoying the many pluses of viewing the songsheets on a mobile device rather than a cumbersome 3 ring binder. I would now like to reformat the page size to permit continuous auto...
Top Bottom