Recent content by Debby

1. Debby

Season 190: The South's Gonna Do It - A Tribute to Southern Rock

Hello, Seasonistas! This Season is all about the southern rock bands mentioned in the song, The South's Gonna Do It, by the Charlie Daniels Band. If you have never heard the song, please listen to it. It was released in 1974 on the album, Fire on the Mountain. The bands mentioned in the song...
  2. Debby

::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Thank you! I was shooting for photo realism with this one. This was my first colored pencil "painting." Some artists call these paintings, instead of drawings, because of the many layers and the painterly effect. A lot of folks don't realize what you can do with colored pencils. I also have an...
  3. Debby

This is one of my colored pencil drawings. It's many many layers...probably about ten layers, on heavily toothed watercolor paper. Even the background is many layers, and colors (I started to go with a turquoise background, then wanted something more subdued). I auctioned this off for a charity...
  4. Debby

This was the American Eskimo that I had before Biscuit. Her name was Foxy. She was a stray that my friend found. We could not locate her owners, so I kept her. She was the best dog I ever had. I miss her, every day. She was too beautiful to not share a pic of her. This one is off my computer, I...
  5. Debby

Here is a picture of my doggy. His name is Biscuit and he is almost 3.
  6. Debby

I need assistance with webcam

I would like to use my webcam to make my Seasons videos, instead of the phone camera. My issue is that things sound so loud and distorted when I make vids with my webcam. I can't seem to find settings that will let me adjust the way it sounds. Even when I turn the volume down, it still sounds...
  7. Debby

Sorry But These Magazine Ads Are Driving Me Nuts!

I can't read a single thread, now, without the whole page turning into a Good Housekeeping, and Fit Mom magazine. Also, an ad for The Doctors. I thought it was just happening to me, but I know it's not.
  8. Debby

Need Help with Fmaj7

Is there any tips or tricks to playing the Fmaj7 chord? I'm having a hard time with it. Thanks in advance.
  9. Debby

Idiot Wind - Bob Dylan (I need help with this one)

I found some chords listed for it online but they are not as clear as I need them to be. I tried googling for the finger positions and didn't find anything that sounds right. There are a couple vids on YouTube, of this song being played on the uke, but I can't see thier fingers well enough to...
  10. Debby

Upgrade questions

I'm hoping to upgrade as soon as I can financially afford to. I have been learning on a Makala Shark. I play daily and have really improved quickly. I would like to get a solid wood uke but I'm worried about the maintenance. It would be a nightmare to spend the money and then it split. I live in...
  11. Debby

Dolphins vs Sharks

Makala Dolphins & Sharks...Is there any difference between them besides the obvious bridges?
  12. Debby

Alvarez Ukes

Has anyone here ever tried an Alvarez uke? I'm curious about them because I have an Alvarez guitar that is the Cadillac of my guitars. It's the one I always go to. So I'm naturally curious about these. I can't find any local to try.
  13. Debby

New Uke/Mixed Feelings/Lesson Learned

My daughter got her new uke today. It's a pink Makala Shark. I won't go into full details of the experience, but I had a not-so-great experience at a store, in regards to a uke we ordered...that never came in. After explaining to my 7 year old daughter that she was not going to get her brightly...
  14. Debby

Hello, from Indiana

New to ukulele. Looking forward to learning lots...and getting a ukulele. Hubby has an old National Triolian Resonator ukulele (I believe it is concert scale). We would like to learn more about it. My daughter has ordered her own uke, that we are waiting on. I have not got one yet...but I'm...