Recent content by DelGriff

1. DelGriff

SEASON 504- Music as an empathetic friend

I can’t remember the last time I did two originals for a Season, but it’s been a tough week and I guess I needed some distraction. I wrote this one this evening - it’s about someone special to me. I’d also like to apologise to everyone for being a pretty rubbish Seasonista of late - I haven’t...
  2. DelGriff

SEASON 504- Music as an empathetic friend

Thanks for hosting, Dave. Here’s an original song I wrote yesterday for my amazing youngest brother as he faces a major health crisis. Coincidentally it fits the season and he’s very happy for me to post it here.
  3. DelGriff

SEASON 503 "SUPERMARKET SWEEP!!!"

Of course, it’s quite possible to go to the supermarket and buy…. nothing!!! ;) But if that doesn’t quite fit the theme, ‘dinner’ is also mentioned in the lyrics here! Phew!
  4. DelGriff

Season 501 - Forever In Blue Jeans

Great week Bob - thanks so much! :-)
  5. DelGriff

Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

Must be all those onerous staff member duties! ;)
  6. DelGriff

Season #502 - Look What They've Done To My Song Ma!

The song ‘Paloma Blanca’ (also known as ‘Una Paloma Blanca’) was an international hit back in the 70s for the George Baker Selection, and has since been successfully covered by various artists. It was parodied by those scrumpy and western boys, the Wurzels, in 1976 - ‘I Am A Cider Drinker’...
  7. DelGriff

Season #502 - Look What They've Done To My Song Ma!

Thanks for hosting, Jim! This one was a big hit for the Wurzels in the UK back in the 70s, and is a parody of the Melanie song ‘Brand New Key’. The Wurzels were an English band from Somerset, and were all about fun and cider (scrumpy). I did my very best to mimic their very strong west country...
  8. DelGriff

Here’s an original for the season - cheers Bob! :)
  9. DelGriff

We were a week early recording and posting this one - I‘ve only just realised that it would have fitted this week’s theme by the tenuous connection of ‘sleepy Jean’ in the lyrics, and also by the fact that I’m wearing jeans in the vid! Will totally understand if it doesn’t make the playlist...
  10. DelGriff

So here’s a cover of Elton’s tribute to Norma Jean Baker - aka Marilyn Monroe. And to make the connection to the theme a little less tenuous I’ve opened the vid with a lovely pic of Ms Monroe in double denim. :)
  11. DelGriff

Hey Bob - are songs with the names Jean, Gene, or variations thereof in the lyrics acceptable? Cheers matey! 🕶️
  12. DelGriff

When Dexy’s Midnight Runners performed ‘Jackie Wilson Said‘ in the Top Of The Pops studio back in 1982, one of the underlings on the show’s production team was told to find a pic of Jackie Wilson to put on the big screen behind the group as they performed. Now, either they misheard the...
  13. DelGriff

500! The Songs of Ukulele Underground

I’ve just checked - I posted my first Seasons entry on June 3rd 2018 for Season 328, 8 months after first picking up a ukulele. The Seasons community has been a real inspiration and catalyst in my ongoing musical development, not only with uke but it also prompted me to return after many years...
  14. DelGriff

Season 498: We Will Mend It

Thanks Edwin! :)
  15. DelGriff

Season 497: Wunderbar!

Thanks, Ylle - really enjoyed the week! 🙂