Recent content by don_b

1. don_b

New jumbo body concert from CARAMEL🤔

Who will go for the blemish baritone with pickup at only $60...
  2. don_b

Where to look for used ukes online?

Actually now they’re down to $140...
  3. don_b

Where to look for used ukes online?

The nova tenor runs about $180, and since it plastic/carbon/whatever the material actually is, you don’t need to worry a ton about the climate it was kept in. For that same reason, you don’t need to worry a whole ton about setup. If it were me, and some won’t like the idea, but I’d get this...
  4. don_b

NUD: Prototype Supa Wow

I no longer have this instrument, but I did sell it to another UU board member. As the member has not revealed themself as far as I know, neither will I. I sold it because I was no longer looking for a solid wood soprano, but instead a solid body electric tenor, and this was the instrument sale...
  5. don_b

Price Drop Custom KoAloha spalted mango longneck soprano with abalone rosette

Not going to buy but wanted to join the chorus of onlookers who are very impressed with the appearance of this ukulele
  6. don_b

Tiny Tim & Bob Dylan

Tim had a pretty great low voice too As polarizing as he is, I am personally a huge fan of his weirdo performances like this one. Also if you haven't heard "The Old Front Porch" off God Bless Tiny Tim, its him Dueting with himself, and its great.
  7. don_b

Strumming with the thumb

I can tell you that if you enroll in the ukulele way from James Hill, he encourages you to use only the thumb for the majority of the course
  8. don_b

Strumming with the thumb

Thumb ain’t dumb.
  9. don_b

Headed to Hawaii - Tell me what I should buy

They got hermit crabs there or what? I got one on vacation once, but that was at Myrtle beach. Probably the closest I’ll get to ever get to Hawaii Lol. My in-laws were actually married in Hawaii, 40 something years ago while my FiL was stationed there as a marine.
  10. don_b

Loudest soprano

It’s the Wow
  11. don_b

Learning the ukulele when you don't like most music written for it?

Here is a link to paranoid by Black Sabbath https://drive.google.com/file/d/11scPb987sW2BwPWnP2ptlDUK7pesCQYI/view?usp=drive_link From this site https://sites.google.com/site/tabs4ukes/pop?authuser=0
  12. don_b

Córdoba 24C Concert - REVIEW

Ive had cordoba soprano, concert, and tenor ukes from guitar center and they all played well. I learned on cordobas. I’d recommend a cordoba any day.
  13. don_b

New Uke Day (NUD) Flight Pioneer

So, it plays really great. I haven’t taken any measurements, but there is a zero fret and everything feels pretty perfect. I plugged it in and played for a bit. Right now I’m playing through a Harbinger PA speaker, that’s really the only amp I have right now. I had an orange crush up until a...
  14. don_b

New Uke Day (NUD) Flight Pioneer

Haven’t had the chance to even plug it in yet, but was excited to share this quick photo. Wife loves how quiet it is unplugged 🤣 More to follow later this weekend! Ordered Monday, arrived today — Thanks Uke Republic!
Top Bottom